In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Fahrenheit Technologies Endurance 50F Information

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by BAN83, Jan 2, 2016.

?

Who out there has a 50F or would like to get one?

1. Yes

78.6%
  2. No

3.6%
  3. I Want One

17.9%
  1. corncob

corncob

After playing with biomass stoves for over 20 now, I can tell you with certainty a few tings.

1. The pictures of that stove (above pictures) the firebox is filthy. Fly ash is a great insulator. I never let my firebox get looking like that, ever.
    2. Pellets need two things to combust, one fresh air and two a clean firepot as in no blocked holes. Fresh air is supplied by an intake somewhere and pulled through the firebox by the draft fan. If the draft fan is filthy or the blades loaded with carbon or the motor bearings are dry, it won't provide the necessary negative draft and hence not enough combustion air.

No matter how hard I run my stoves (fuel delivery), I never get a pile of unburned pellets in my fire pot, it's always burning to the very bottom.

You have an issue that needs to be addressed and you'll never get adequate heat output with a firebox that loaded with fly ash. Clean it. Use a scotchbrite pad and clean all of it out.

Irish-1, ivanhoe and wildwest like this.
  2. corncob

corncob

almost 20 years now and I still have the original draft fan and the original room air blower, in fact everything is original because I perform annual (spring maintenance) on both my units. All the bearings (sealed or not get oiled. You can remove the bearing seal with a sharp knife, oil the bearing and replace the seal, I do that all the time. My reduction gearboxes are drilled and tapped for grease fittings and they get a couple pumps of the same grease I grease my tractors with. The components run in a hot, dusty atmosphere and demand some preventative maintenance yearly. Only thing I have done is add a second burnpot to each so I can have one soaking in a bucket of water so I can easily remove the carbon while the other is in the stove.

Irish-1, ivanhoe and wildwest like this.
  3. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I think so too, but we need more info to help narrow it down for him. Seems he recently inherited this stove and we are here to help guide him through it :) What biomass stove do you have? (or did you have?)?

I can't say about his stove but my stove has "oil-less" blower motors, I missed a buildup in a spot in an exhaust passage I did not know about from the manual... Let's help him figure out whats up with his new to him stove, what do you suggest for his firebox and burnpot for him?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    ivanhoe likes this.
  4. corncob

corncob

Have 2 USSC 6039 Multi fuel stoves. One in the house, one in the shop and they both burn a corn and pellet mix.

Your 'oil less bearings have dust seals that can be removed and the bearings oiled and the seals replaced again, I have them as well. Sharp pointed pocket knife and some patience and the seals come off and they pop back into a groove in the outer race again. Been doing that for a long time now.

My stoves will both roast you out. heat my entire house, 2 story farm house with the one in the living room. Keep the entire house at 70, no issue. I use the blower on the central furnace to keep the heat even.

Irish-1, wildwest and ivanhoe like this.
  5. Irish-1

Irish-1

Hey Guys, Been awhile! Trying out new pellets this year, Green Supreme wood pellets from home depot ,great lakes blend ,199 $ per ton. These seem to burn great and the only thing left is powder!
    Also They burn hot, Its not difficult to smack 180* output! Clean stove, Dry pellets is the key for sure.

corncob, ivanhoe and jtakeman like this.
  6. Irish-1

Irish-1

Merry Christmas y'all ! I got a little concerned the other morning during a cold snap and the furnace hit 192* output, That seemed pretty hot.

ivanhoe and jtakeman like this.
  7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

The worst case scenario would be the furnace will go in shutdown mode when it hits 200*F.
    Merry Christmas

Irish-1 likes this.
  8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

I've made a modification to the oiling chores of the distribution blower. No more tearing apart the furnace to be able to get to the motor and oil it periodically. Gravity oil feed piping should do the trick or treat:D

Attached Files:

9. Nate oehlbeck

Nate oehlbeck

Hello all, have owned my furnace for a few years now with really no issues had a blip end of last season and recently as I have started burning again this season. Stove would shutdown after 24-48 hours of burning . Thanks to reading all the posts I have checked my auger Bushing, and some more thorough cleanings, refired tonight. Figured out I had my combustion fan plate on 180 leaving a gap. See if that fixes it if not move on to the temp switch. Just wanted to say thanks for all the posts and figured I’d throw up some pics and my serial number.
    Upstate ny location
    Newer model stove purchased I think 2016
    Floor model started using unit 2018. House remodel. Actually remodeled basement around the furnace.
    My father runs on of the original units has always been pleased.
    Serial is 3329

Attached Files:

10. Nate oehlbeck

Nate oehlbeck

1.99 bricks at lowes allows for the same filter my regular furnaces uses and is a better filter than the 1”thick ones these allow
    Homemade top plenum not the best but it works
    Hope to try hooking it up to the duct work this year.

Attached Files:

ivanhoe, jtakeman and wildwest like this.
  11. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Nice to meet you, Welcome to FHC :)

ivanhoe likes this.
  12. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

We will get along just fine, beer drinker along with the furry friend! Welcome to FHC, pics are nice to demonstrate stuff for us older folks :binoculars:

Nate oehlbeck likes this.
  13. Nate oehlbeck

Nate oehlbeck

So working through some of my issues I was attempting to call and get a hold of Matt this morning at Fahrenheit. I was called back and told Fahrenheit has dissolved and the company no longer exists at the end of November just an fyi.

ivanhoe likes this.
  14. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

:eek:

ivanhoe likes this.
  15. Nate oehlbeck

Nate oehlbeck

So the word I got is the epa would not give them the rubber stamp the last year they have survived on selling parts and shut down in November. If you call the number on the website you get the pellet grill company and they have someone call you back, when I asked they have no parts left and anyone technically knowledgeable is now gone.

ivanhoe and jtakeman like this.
  16. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

WTF, maintain that CB at all costs among other items!
    Stock has disappeared rather quickly :doh:

Now we have only ourselves to work through the troubleshooting :picard:So what issues are you having, I/we can try to help you.

17. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Really sad! IMHO one of the best pellet furances made. Now poof gone like all the others.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    ivanhoe likes this.
  18. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

[​IMG]

jtakeman likes this.
  19. Digger47

Digger47

Great.... I need a new burnpot

20. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

I'm sure a dealer or person bought the remaining stock. It might pop up on ebay, etc...,
    You could try to rebuild yours if need to be, I beefed up mine so it can be done.

jtakeman likes this.