In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Fahrenheit Technologies Endurance 50F Information

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by BAN83, Jan 2, 2016.

?

Who out there has a 50F or would like to get one?

1. Yes

78.6%
  2. No

3.6%
  3. I Want One

17.9%
  1. Irish-1

Irish-1

Hardwood Pro Pellets, Very Dry! New dehumidifer int the basement made a huge diffrence,T-Stat Mode, level 5 , -5 outside she had a long burn cycle.

ivanhoe and CleanFire like this.
  2. Codyv114

Codyv114

Is anybody still running these stoves? I have one that is nothing but a hassle I’m looking for help on I’ve read through this hundred times trying different things and I can’t figure it out I’m over running the pot after a few hours of running and it struggles to stay going sometimes?

wildwest likes this.
  3. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Crud I'm sorry to hear that, I have a knock off brand and it's our main source of heat for the whole house. Definitely something wrong with your flame. Something is clogged or something is leaking air imho, but I am far from an expert. I'd bet ivanhoe will be on later or tomorrow and he might have some tips.

4. Codyv114

Codyv114

I’m at a loss honestly I also feel like something is clogged or not getting enough air but I’ve cleaned and checked this thing 100 times so fondly breaking down and asking for help

wildwest likes this.
  5. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Agreed, these are coveted little furnaces, there's something in there that can be fixed so it can be a good stove for you! Can you tell us a bit more about your set up, what diameter exhaust pipe and how tall it is, and do you have an outside air kit on it?

6. Codyv114

Codyv114

I believe it to be a 3” exhaust but it’s a short run right through the wall straight out I have it in my shop and it come out of my dads house which he quit using it a few years back he bought it new it is an 06 model year so I’m not sure which one it is it just says 50f on the back plate. Dad used it for years and put out great heat but now it no longer runs good he had to replace the control board about 3 years ago and the auto igniter is bad so you have to run it in manual mode but he had been doing that for years also with no issue now all of a sudden it won’t even stay running that long longest time I have had it operating was 2 days and I had to wedge open the intake sail switch which barely helped it any I’ve checked the door gaskets all the exhaust gaskets are all sealed up tight I don’t have an upgraded draft blower or anything like that I’ve read about in here but I don’t think it would help if I can’t even keep it running how it is lol

wildwest likes this.
  7. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

The trouble spots for me are the exchange tubes, the last leg of the exhaust pipe to the main exhaust chimney (mine is pita to remove compared to what the manual I pulled up looks like), the box under the burn pot that houses the ignitor. Then since we run it 24/7/365 sometimes I get behind which makes the pipe build up too. Could you tell us what parts you clean? (maybe there's a nook or cranny or something missing?)

http://www.fahrenheittech.com/Fahrenheit_Support.pdf

8. Codyv114

Codyv114

I have taken this thing down to nothing to clean it I pull the entire exhaust manifold off then clean down through the square port for that the top pieces inside the firebox I remove the plates clean all that out remove the pot and I make sure all the holes are open on it and that it moves nicely I’ve watched all their YouTube videos and cleaned it to the best of my knowledge but I may have missed something I’m not sure

wildwest likes this.
  9. Codyv114

Codyv114

How do I post pictures on here? I have a few of how it burns and such

wildwest likes this.
  10. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

click like you would to post a text reply then use the "upload file" button. This site requires we must use atleast one word, not just all pictures. So you see that button?

11. Codyv114

Codyv114

03636FB6-66DF-493A-9FCE-0D437B43CEE8.jpeg A491449A-DFEA-4C1B-8577-082AA0B12476.jpeg 03636FB6-66DF-493A-9FCE-0D437B43CEE8.jpeg A491449A-DFEA-4C1B-8577-082AA0B12476.jpeg

I found it I only have one picture of when the pot over ran I’ll get another of how it burns normally when I can

wildwest likes this.
  12. Codyv114

Codyv114

Probabaly hard to tell with how dirty my glass is but this is right after start up I just pulled the pot and double checked it and run through making sure the exhaust was all clean I blew air through the inlet and it comes out by the pot? I’m assuming that is correct? It’s burning good right now in a coupes hours it will over run the pot though

Attached Files:

wildwest likes this.
  13. Codyv114

Codyv114

Serial number is 2493 if it helps any

wildwest likes this.
  14. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Do a video and put in on youtube and post it. Video it for a couple minutes. Sounds like the burnpots are worn out or just not enough air for complete combustion, your pellets aren't burning down fast enough.

Blithering Idiot and wildwest like this.
  15. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

You should try the leaf blower procedure, cleans the passages real nice.
    Do you have a OAK ?
    Newer house or older?
    Try cracking a window open near by.

wildwest likes this.
  16. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Page #409 in this thread is my video of my flame Nov 26 2017 PAGE 21

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    wildwest likes this.
  17. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I wonder how his combustion blower is doing, possibly going out? My exhaust blower would work "sometimes" before it finally died.

ivanhoe likes this.
  18. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

It could be the culprit but it never happened to me, mine just got noisy with looseness of the shaft bearing.
    It's not a clean stove by the pics.

wildwest likes this.
  19. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

#2493 should have the old red led light control board like BAN83's unit. He also had a hard time pumping out maximum heat.
    Combustion blower can be the culprit but mine always made noise from the failing bearings and was replaced before the blower died on me!
    Is this a used unit? Pics of the setup is always useful to help on troubleshooting.

wildwest likes this.
  20. wildwest

wildwest Moderator