In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Fahrenheit Technologies Endurance 50F Information

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by BAN83, Jan 2, 2016.

?

Who out there has a 50F or would like to get one?

1. Yes

78.6%
  2. No

3.6%
  3. I Want One

17.9%
  1. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

You only run your furnace on level 1. So for max heat, I would set the feed trim to level 5, and adjust the draft trim to get a good burn.

BAN83 and ivanhoe like this.
  2. Old Fart from Eganville

Old Fart from Eganville

OK Dex I set it to trim level 5 and the air trim to level 3 . Hear is a pic of the damper setting from the factory. Should I be adjusting that damper setting as well.
    Thanks Old Fart

Attached Files:

3. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

If your burn is as good as I remember? Then I wouldn't touch the damper. If you're happy with the heat output, and the ash/firebox isn't sooty (you want a white/grey to brown/grey ash. Black is to rich and would need more air.

4. jeffrosseel

jeffrosseel

I have never saw moisture like that inside the lid. I keep my corn outside in a cover V box wagon so on a day like today my corn I pailed in would be 10°F. Corn tested on our tester at 14.9. I have burned corn as high as 16.9 but used the high moisture setting on the unit. I would not recommend burning a lot at that moisture the dryer and cleaner the better.

I don't use an oak and have never until recently ever touched the damper on the unit. Usually I have pot overload when it needs it's weekly cleaning.

I roughly figure I am burning 2 bushels (a full hooper) of corn on setting 3 every 30 hours or so. I have tried level 4 but I have burn issues if the unit has not been recently cleaned. Likely lack of air flow as with the corn clicker the pot doesn't get a full clean on pot clean out as I have a little sticking to the pusher and front plate of the pot.

5. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

I'd say you should open up that damper if you have build up like that.

Pot overload is a sign of low air, no matter the fuel you burn. Corn can burn hot and is a great fuel source. But all the corn I burned was under 13% (that or under is optimum for buring).

Do you have any pics of your firebox? Pot?

6. jeffrosseel

jeffrosseel

I have the damper open now. I'll see how a full week with the damper open does.
    When I talked to Matt at Fahrenheit a few years ago he said it wasn't uncommon for the build up on those parts if burning corn.

7. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

A little is fine. But if it's preventing the furnace from doing a full clean (hard and stuck clicker/carbon) I'd say that more air is needed..

Have you recorded any temps from your plenum?

I average 140°-150° on level 4 with decent pellets. I've seen as high as 180° on level 4 with a clean furnace and good pellets.

8. BAN83

BAN83

Hey Old Fart,

If you want to spring for a new unit for me I'll gladly be your test buddy :rofl: :lol:

Getting some corn this week. Going to buy a 45 gallon drums worth to burn since I was pretty happy with the testing I did a few weeks ago. But going to do a pellet corn mix.

9. BAN83

BAN83

So if I get corn this week you're saying it's a bad idea to store it in a 55 gallon drum?

ivanhoe likes this.
  10. BAN83

BAN83

Wow, as high as 180° on 4? That's wild. You've really got a great working stove. Should talk to Matt and see if he's take you on as part of a field testing R&D division lol. :D

ivanhoe likes this.
  11. Old Fart from Eganville

Old Fart from Eganville

Jeff the
    Jeff the farmer I got my corn from says it was dried to 15%. Hear is a pic of how I am storing the corn in my basement.
    This was put in about a week or so before Christmas. I think I will get a moisture reader and check it myself.

Attached Files:

12. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Just leave the lid open, it took a year for my rye seeds to get moldy.

BAN83 likes this.
  13. Old Fart from Eganville

Old Fart from Eganville

I would gladly spring for a new one for you Ban, but I overspent my beer budget this month so will have to pass bud:whistle::whistle:.
    Time for a :cheers::cheers::cheers:. Old Fart

14. jeffrosseel

jeffrosseel

As Ivanhoe said leave the lids open if possible. Even at 15% with no air flow the corn will grab moisture and likely will rise quickly and mold a lot quicker then you would think.

ivanhoe likes this.
  15. jeffrosseel

jeffrosseel

I am almost sure that is why there is moisture on your lid as burning wet corn will do that guaranteed with all the heat at the front of the unit.

16. Old Fart from Eganville

Old Fart from Eganville

Thank you sir I will remove the lids.

17. chbryson

chbryson

I talked with Matt @ Fahrenheit today and he told me about some you tube videos that they posted a few months back. They have cleaning, error codes, and settings on the control boards.

Search " Fahrenheit Tech" and they will come up. Should be helpful, especially the code troubleshooting.

18. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Matt is really helpful. We talked at length several years ago when I started with updated parts. Smart man, and he said the same about me. Although I'm sure some of my mods are frowned upon (plugging pot holes :) ). But my furnace heats about 3,000 sq and does it on level 3 90% of the time.. It was on level 4 last night and I'll leave it there tonight as the temp is dropping to single digits again..

These furnaces work great and put out some great heat.. If your "tune" (air to fuel) is correct.

19. 343amc

343amc

I watched the two cleaning videos. They've come a long way on the newer models. It would be nice cleaning the combustion blower without having to yank the whole manifold assembly. Interesting how the room air blower is fully enclosed now as well.

20. BAN83

BAN83

HAHA OK, next year then!