In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Fahrenheit Technologies Endurance 50F Information

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by BAN83, Jan 2, 2016.

?

Who out there has a 50F or would like to get one?

1. Yes

78.6%
  2. No

3.6%
  3. I Want One

17.9%
  1. Old Fart from Eganville

Old Fart from Eganville

:cheers:
    Corn is all I burn this winter. Last couple of years I was burning corn and Rye seed mixed. Sometimes straight Rye but more dirt from it. You have to find out from your dealer what the corn is dried down to. 13.5 % to about 16 % or so. The corn I got this year was about 15.5 % and I found the holes in the burn pot would start to plug up after a week of burning and would have to be cleaned. Considering the price for me is $ 240.00 a tonne. VS wood pellets over $ 400.00 for the equivalent amount it is a no brainer. The farmer I get the corn from has very clean corn and has not been a problem for me at all. I had the furnace set to corn and just changed the setting to high moisture corn now to see if it makes a difference with the burn pot. It is something you will have to play with as every furnace is different and also a lot to do with your climate.
    Old Fart :thumbs::cheers:Forgot to mention if you have the automatic lighter on the furnace, when you start it up just stand there and wait for it to do the self clean and as soon as it starts to feed corn open the door and dump in a half cup of wood pellets and it will light within a minute or two. It will take just about 10 minutes with the corn or if the corn is not dry enough it will take longer if at all. That would be very hard on the lighter.
    There now have another Beer.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    ivanhoe likes this.
  2. NorthernCrew454

NorthernCrew454

Do you set the butterfly valve on the air intake based on the flame at level 5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ivanhoe likes this.
  3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

I use too but by the time I get a stable reading I'm cooked out of house. I'm running on #4 and it gives me more time to wait for a final reading. I've built a eye level air damper adjuster which I get a reading on the opening %. This way I know which pellet calls for more or less air. Try adjusting at your maximum level # in your requirement, when the feed is on #1 it will be on the somewhat lean side and when above your max it will be on the somewhat rich side. I wouldn't loose any sleep on the differences.

4. Maximus

Maximus

...and you'll probably need to increase your maintenance schedule a bit as it's my understanding corn will create more clinkers...

ivanhoe likes this.
  5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Hopefully the corn settings does that automatically :whistle:

6. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Finally cleaned my 50F fir the time in a few weeks. It was dirty, but still ran good and produced food heat numbers.

Pics are of ash build up on top of baffle plates and firebox. Could've gone much longer but this cold snap wants that furnace at 100%.

20190304_192728.jpg 20190304_192434.jpg

Highbeam, heyswitz and ivanhoe like this.
  7. Maximus

Maximus

I think those need to be scrapped/chipped off...never burnt corn so I could be way out in left field on this...

ivanhoe likes this.
  8. heyswitz

heyswitz

hi jerry I burn corn for last 6 yrs and I found you need 14% or less to get an awesome heat corn needs to be clean no reddog or to many fines I run my 50f on 3 most the time but this yr I bumped it up to 4 since it is colder I clean ash pan about every 3 days and shake it down every morning. to use the auto start I put a couple handfuls of pellets in after its done cleaning and ready to start and away u go if u need anything else let me know happy corn burning you,ll love it

ivanhoe likes this.
  9. Old Fart from Eganville

Old Fart from Eganville

My corn this year is 15.5 % moisture and it works good lots of heat, maintanence is the same as pellets the clinkers come out of fire pot when the furnace does a pot change.

jtakeman and ivanhoe like this.
  10. joshmain

joshmain

Would you guys buy a used 50? And what would you look for to shy away. There is one close to me for sale and I would like it over my breckwell that just heats the Living room.

DexterDay and ivanhoe like this.
  11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Like everything else, do your homework. Both of mine have being purchased used. Try to buy the newest as possible according to condition. Any pics?

12. joshmain

joshmain

Ivanhoe
    [ATT Screenshot_20190306-194922.png Screenshot_20190306-194916.png Screenshot_20190306-194909.png ACH]201577[/ATTACH] Screenshot_20190306-194916.png Screenshot_20190306-194909.png

ivanhoe likes this.
  13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

I see it has a igniter, newer than my old model. How's the burnpot condition? Hopefully the tube scrapper is functional and not seized. The rear wall is not plugged up. Can you start it up and let it do it's thing? Looks like it's in good shape.

joshmain likes this.
  14. joshmain

joshmain

I haven't went to look at it yet. Just found it ,the o e I was looking at first sold and I just found this o e which looks a lot better.

ivanhoe likes this.
  15. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

What's the serial#? I can't make it out. How much they're asking?

joshmain likes this.
  16. joshmain

joshmain

14149? Sound right? 1500$

17. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

# is 4 digit!
    Price on the high side for a older unit and would offer less.

joshmain likes this.
  18. NorthernCrew454

NorthernCrew454

The serial looks like 2667 or 2006, it’s stamped on the back plate near the bottom left. Seems a little steep for that age and the older model version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heyswitz, ivanhoe and joshmain like this.
  19. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

#2667 seems right! It might qualify for the upgraded control board, gotta ask the Fahrenheit folks. The burn pot is more robust than the newer ones, my opinion.

joshmain likes this.
  20. Maximus

Maximus

I think the price depends on the condition...not sure how familiar you are with these...but it's easy to tell a well used unit from a relatively unused unit. I'd definitely plug it in and ensure the pusher/plate actuator arms fully function (they are expensive), then as Ivanhoe mention check the burn pot components...heavy wear and it's been well used...little wear and it's been sitting...check them all as some may have been replaced...I'd look at the baffle plates...mine are warped (well used)...

Irish-1, joshmain and ivanhoe like this.