In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Fahrenheit Technologies Endurance 50F Information

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by BAN83, Jan 2, 2016.

?

Who out there has a 50F or would like to get one?

1. Yes

78.6%
  2. No

3.6%
  3. I Want One

17.9%
  1. Maximus

Maximus

I'm not getting anywhere near those temps...on a continuous run at level 5 I'm getting 124-131 degrees with the LGs. My damper is set at lowest position (closed) using the screw and I'm still getting an efficient burn...maybe my tubes are creosoted up or something. I know for sure I could be putting much more pellets into the pot. Is there anyway to increase the feed rate? I'm also going to get some Douglas Fur pellets to see if it's nothing more than pellet selection. Need more heat...hitting -10 in NH nightly and it's not keeping up...

ivanhoe likes this.
  2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Are you on premium pellet setting?
    How many air registers open?
    Square footage of house?
    Can you isolate some rooms?
    Gotta get better pellets or mix the LGs with corn;)

3. Jay Z

Jay Z

I have been reading my heat settings for the last three years. Using the same pellets from WI manufacturer. My readings come from a digital probe 12 inches from furnace.

On #4 setting reading 160 degrees. This is from 10 sampling this month. On my monthly cleaning I open the tube port and scrub entire area. I also clean the fan area and complete exhaust path. Including the leaf blower treatment.

My house is 130 years old and and 2,200 sq. ft. never had it to level 5 yet. I would start a pellet brand sampling and review cleaning process.

ivanhoe likes this.
  4. Tjim01

Tjim01

What causes the ash to “stick” to the pusher and door like this? Any thoughts? Causing overflow[​IMG] after just 2-3days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ivanhoe likes this.
  5. Tjim01

Tjim01

Burning Somerset pellets. Good burn otherwise. About 143 degrees on level 5.

ivanhoe likes this.
  6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Humidity in the fresh air or damp pellets.
    Does it happen in a short time or long?
    Try spraying graphite.

Jay Z likes this.
  7. Tjim01

Tjim01

Was ok until go so cold outside. Maybe the cold air is warming a bit coming in and generating moisture. I’ll try using indoor air and see if that helps.

Thanks for the response and idea. Something to try anyhow. Pellets are fresh and stored indoors so doubt they’re damp.

ivanhoe likes this.
  8. Maximus

Maximus

My house is 2,700sf and I've been using this thing for 8 years so I've tried most of the cleaning/register/whatever tricks. It's far from stock...I'm using a new auger (roller bearing type) from Don along with upgraded pot/fan motor/sail switch/Etc...I bought 10 bags of Douglas Firs as it's going to be really cold tomorrow...I'll see if there is any difference and report back. Somewhat confused as I'm getting a perfect burn/ash color...I may try another temp gage just for S&G...

Does anyone have a feed rate chart (i.e. is premium pellet the fastest feed rate)?

Jay Z and ivanhoe like this.
  9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

I think Dex has it, you can call
    Matt for it.
    If you want to compare with me, I'm on premium. Can't wait to see the Douglas Fir results.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  10. Irish-1

Irish-1

Prem pellet is the fastest feed rate.7.5 seconds on 2.5 second off.

ivanhoe likes this.
  11. Irish-1

Irish-1

I found one of my issues was static head pressure .I have a house that has a newer addition,newer duct work,and the old side from the 1940's with crazy size duct work,I thought that by damping the registers in the old part it would force the more heat to the new section,which it did, but when it got cold 5 to -15 * i woke up and the house was cold,I discovered the furnace couldn't move enough air across the heat plenum and back though the house with some of my registers restricted, So I opened my living room and kitchen registers, and at the far end of house(new addition) I installed a couple 6"duct booster fans. Now house is warm,doesn't matter if its -15 out ,I have the T-stat set at 69*. With Ivanhoe's advice we got the furnace burning great:thumbs: but I move enough air across the plenum now to utilize the 150* heat it makes ,and man it makes a bunch of it;). I also want to say the Matt at Fahrenheit is a real stand up guy, He sent me a anemometer to measure the air flow into the furnace,which is around 1650-1700
    fpm,Gave me the feed rate info so i could double check it.

ivanhoe likes this.
  12. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Nice to know things are working out for you:thumbs:
    I cut mine back at #4 as #5 is scary hot:hair:
    Putting out 165*F with -31*C(-24*F) last night with the Harman Accentra on as well, it kept the house at 72*F
    Tonight is -28*C( -18.4*F) and will see how it plays out with only the Fahrenheit in duty;) hopefully no :heidi: in the morning:dex:
    Another thing happening is when my house air exchanger is on my distribution temps are lower, I've put in on a timer and it's cycling every hour which was done about three years ago because I noticed it was robbing my much needed heat:startled:

Jay Z and Irish-1 like this.
  13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Yep, furnace kept up and the temps was -21*C this morning. I'm sure the blower was more on than off but it worked:yes:

Jay Z and Irish-1 like this.
  14. Tjim01

Tjim01

How does that feed rate compare to standard pellet? Can someone post feed rate for std and premium at all levels? Thanks.

ivanhoe likes this.
  15. Irish-1

Irish-1

Rock n Roll!:thumbs: Heat is Neat!

Jay Z and ivanhoe like this.
  16. Maximus

Maximus

Well...I have a newer house with standard ducting, but also have 2 boosters in the main trunk to move the air (I do have some rooms blocked off, but insignificant compared to what's open). I spent most of Sunday scrubbing my furnace...I got everything...what did all that effort buy me...2 degrees (131 to 133 on the LGs @#5 steady rate)...2 lousy degrees...

Didn't have very good luck with the DFs...they must be wet or the pellet size too small as they consistently overflowed the pot (and my furnace moves serious air)...maybe I'll retry on a fuel setting other than premium????

Discourage to say the least...but at least we're getting a warm spell so I don't have to worry about the heat output for awhile...

ivanhoe likes this.
  17. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Is the square plate installed in front of the exhaust fan?

Jay Z likes this.
  18. Jay Z

Jay Z

I cleaned my furnace today and did full blower treatment to ductwork also. Pulled all parts from inside and soaked in hot soapy water. Fired up and two hours later hit 169 degrees on level #4. Using a hardwood pellet as temperatures are mild this week in WI. Have a softwood for colder temps too. My stove is 6 years old at this point. Might contact Matt at Fahrenheit for help.

ivanhoe and Irish-1 like this.
  19. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Putting out good heat:yes:
    What kind of pellets are they?
    Send some to Maximus, he's looking for some hot ones:smoke:

20. Jay Z

Jay Z

The pellets are made in Kenosha, WI. Brand is Dejno's and they use alot of dry flooring material. I have experimented with 5 different brands and settled on these.

I am lucky as I get an early buy in May and stock up for the season.

Irish-1 and ivanhoe like this.