In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Fahrenheit Technologies Endurance 50F Information

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by BAN83, Jan 2, 2016.

?

Who out there has a 50F or would like to get one?

1. Yes

78.6%
  2. No

3.6%
  3. I Want One

17.9%
  1. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

I've upgraded to a 2rpm Avery/Gleason from a St-croix if that helps any. Not a big fan of Merkle auger motor.
    St. Croix Auger Feed Motor | Earth Sense Energy Systems

DexterDay likes this.
  2. Maximus

Maximus

That arm & pusher look brand new!

ivanhoe likes this.
  3. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

They are.. :)

I can send you my pot at the end of the season if you'd like to mock up some parts for the newer style. But the bottom pieces being two halves leaves a big gap which I don't like. But everything else of this latest version is better.

ivanhoe likes this.
  4. Maximus

Maximus

Don will hook me up with a Gleason auger motor Wednesday (I live a few towns over)...

Dex - Do the 2 halves need to be separate for disassembly? I'd contemplate making them 1 unit if not a show stopper...

I've been very happy with my improved pusher & door...4 tons and no indication of heat damage...My stock pots are wearing faster with the airflow upgrades...more heat on thin material = lots of fixing...given how the other pieces have performed I'm confident that thicker pot will last many years...

DexterDay and ivanhoe like this.
  5. Maximus

Maximus

So I yanked my auger last night so that I could replace the brass bushing (which, after seven+ years of running was wasted)...now I know others have stated they could replace said bushing without the need to remove the auger...unfortunately for me the love-joy drive was kinda seized on the end of the auger shaft and required slightly more than gentle pounding to get it off...off to get replacement parts from Don tonight & hopefully back & running over the next few days...

Thx to all whom contribute on this site as I'd not even know said bushing existed without the combined contributions of so many fine lads!

6. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

No. The two halves can be one piece. I think they split it to make it convenient and also to allow more "slop" for the pusher and plate movement.

I'd prefer one piece.

ivanhoe likes this.
  7. Maximus

Maximus

ok...good to know...once burning season is over we can re-connect and see what we can do. Was at Don's last night and I'm going to cost him a prototype exhaust blower extension he wants to offer his customers to significantly extend the life of the fans. We talked about my auger bushing and he suggested I use a far superior bushing...just need to widen the bushing hole in the support plate. I know my stock bushing was spinning in the support plate (not good) so I'm going to ensure it's a press fit and let the bushing do the job it was designed to do!

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

My bushing did the same. I've glued my new one but it came loose again. Show pic of the new one you're gonna have done.

DexterDay likes this.
  9. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

My bushing is spinning and making a vibrating noise as well!! Looking forward to what you do to make it better.

As for the off season. Just PM me or email at [email protected]. . I'd gladly send you the parts you need.

ivanhoe likes this.
  10. Maximus

Maximus

Ok...So I installed the new bushing:

1st pic shows the old bushing, the new bushing and the step drill I used to widen the mounting plate. The 2nd pic shows the damage caused by it spinning in the plate - basically not doing the job it was designed for. 3rd pic shows it installed.

The bushing Don provided had the same inner diameter, but the outer diameter is a shade over 3/4"...my micrometer said it was 0.756 inches which tells me I could have (should have) used a 3/4" drill bit (I have one but it eluded me finding it for this project), then used the step bit to get it started...I instead used the step bit to enlarge the hole...took more time than necessary...live & learn. Using a drill press I opened the hole to 3/4" and then a touch more at the top of the plate to get the new bushing started. I then used a dead blow mallet to drive the bushing into the plate until fully seated. Upon reassembly you will find that the spacer will not fit over the new bushing...no worries as it's the exact same height as the lower bushing sleeve so I simply rested the love-joy coupler on the sleeve (it's an oiled brass bushing after all). Everything else aligned just fine. I also installed the new Gleason auger motor...just a tiny adjustment on the lower love-joy was needed. The motor provided by Don worked out well as the casing has threaded holes so I was able to get hardware to thread down through the plate for the 2 pesky bolts closest to the exhaust fan (those of you that have installed a new motor know what I'm talking about). This bushing is definitely not spinning and it is a better quality bushing to boot...Hope this helps some out...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Drop a drop or two of oil to keep the bushing lubricated periodically:salute:
    I couldn't find a exact fit of bushing, thinner head which I inserted a washer to build it up and glued. But it came undone:(
    So the outside diameter is slightly bigger than the original hole on the bracket is what I understand. Which means the thickness of the wall of the bushing is thicker than the original.

12. Maximus

Maximus

Well...I oiled the auger shaft on install...so should be good...yes the bushing sleeve is considerably thicker than the stocker...the new one is about 1/4" thick...don't know the thickness of the original...mine was almost wore through...

ivanhoe likes this.
  13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

#3321 is in my possession:D

DexterDay and jtakeman like this.
  14. Triple A Arsenal

Triple A Arsenal

I wish I would have seen this earlier, I could have machined a bushing out of steel or aluminum. I have to go back and read, but what is that for exactly?

15. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

The auger's shaft end which is visible in the hopper's bottom. Needs to be bronze material for wear and lubricated.

16. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

You bought a newer Fahrenheit?!?!?!

17. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Yepper

jtakeman and DexterDay like this.
  18. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Nice!! New to you? Or brand new?

Either way it probably has the new single hole in the bottom behind the ash pan and the manifold with the access plate to clean the combustion blower!!

You're going to love that furnace even more than your old one!!

ivanhoe likes this.
  19. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

I sure hope so.
    Being auto lighting is the biggest factor.
    Slightly used and high serial number made me jump all over it. Not a steal like your Harman furnace but I'm happy on the price.

DexterDay likes this.
  20. Old Fart from Eganville

Old Fart from Eganville

Hey Ivan, the auto lighter will only work on the wood pellets it will not light the rye or corn. When I light mine up I just wait for the self clean start up to finish and as soon as the auger starts to feed I open the door and dump in a half cup of wood pellets and that will light and start to burn. Good luck with your new unit.
    Old Fart

ivanhoe likes this.