In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

EPA to regulate BBQ'S

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by ironpony, Mar 20, 2015.

1. StihlHead

StihlHead

Depends on several factors. Beef is not carbon neutral, and is said to produce 1/3 of all greenhouse gasses, so you FAIL! there. Also it depends on how you cooked that beef. If it was NG or LP, you are probably OK with the EPA. However, I do not see a syphoning fume vent system to extract the evil burnt grease fumes! So you FAIL! again. Then if you used charcoal, you FAIL! again for using charcoal which creates gobs of unburned polluting wood gas fumes, destroys natural habitat and is evil! So you would FAIL! the EPA BBQ requirements, at least two, if not three times.

Now, go get some tofu and make some kabobs. Then use an electric grill to cook them which is triple ventilated. That will have an EPA approved venting with an evil burned grease splatter gas extraction system(TM). Then you will be OK. If you are certified and licensed and have paid all your EPA fees and your permits are up to date, you can cook chicken that way as well. But BEEF is off limits! No pork or lamb either. They splatter too much! We are waiting for legislation to allow for a red meat BBQ one day a week in summer months only, but that is still pending EPA and congressional approval, as well as for Obama to sign it into law.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    wildwest, HDRock and Chvymn99 like this.
  2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

How do you buy your beef? Oh, and please set a plate for me at the table.

concretegrazer and Chvymn99 like this.
  3. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

:grizz:... I usually don't eat a whole lotta of beef. But when I do it's at the grocery store, my steaks I go to Hen House they have the best selection that I've found. However Deer, fish, and chicken are a staple around the house...

prell 73 and wildwest like this.
  4. StihlHead

StihlHead

Deer? You eat BAMBY! o_O

Chvymn99 and wildwest like this.
  5. concretegrazer

concretegrazer

You mean Yumby.:beerbbq:

Chvymn99 and wildwest like this.
  6. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Well, yes... You cant eat the horns... so you might as well eat tender ones.... :D

StihlHead and concretegrazer like this.
  7. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

You'd only blow a hole in em!

:p

I believe its money driven. Everything they require to be certified increases their cash flow(straight into their pocket)!! :zip:

8. Shawn Curry

Shawn Curry

This is precisely why I don't go on FB very much anymore. If it's not videos of fat people walking around walmart, it's people freaking out over click-bait headlines. :picard: I. Just. Don't. Care. Anymore. I'd rather spend time in my woods instead.

I'll still have my Memorial Day BBQ this year, and the next, and the next. I'm quite sure the only comments I'll hear regarding the smoky BBQ smell is "how long until the food is ready?"

The Mayor is coming this year (I went to HS with him). Doubt my neighbors will complain either, cause they're all coming too! ;)

9. StihlHead

StihlHead

Yah. I used to be less interested in game meat until I lived in the boonies, and the damm deer eat everything that I planted. I used to sit in my vineyard with my AR-15 waiting for them at night. We also had an elk issue there, and some of them became dinner as well. Once I had elk, I said the fork with venison.

Chvymn99 likes this.
  10. mike holton

mike holton

in regards to beef, i wonder what the "flatulence level" was with the Bison, seems there used to be millions of them roaming the great plains before hunters literally wiped them out.

now i have no idea how many domestic cattle are grazing there now but it would be hard to imagine the difference would be enough to change the earths climate when you consider the Bison would have been expelling a similar amount of methane per animal back when they were the most plentiful large animal in the midwest

Certified106 and concretegrazer like this.
  11. Shawn Curry

Shawn Curry

Many humans I know are so full of hot air, there's really no need to even consider the amount of bovine flatulence - aka "bullchit" - that may have been produced during historical time periods.

12. StihlHead

StihlHead

13. StihlHead

StihlHead

According to the EPA, 28% of global methane emissions come from ruminant animal farts (not just beef, but any ruminants). My statement above is not quite correct, and beef accounts for only 20% of methane (greenhouse) gasses in the US. Or so says the EPA.

http://www.epa.gov/rlep/faq.html

14. lukem

lukem

Don't dead cows far less than lives ones? I'm helping the cause.