In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Enviro Max pot liner in my Omega

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by figor, Jan 4, 2023.

1. figor

figor

The port shroud for the igniter on the Omega pot liner fell off and ended up in the ash pit somewhere. It wouldn’t light off anymore I had to manually light it. It was also dumping a lot of pellets out that hole.

I began pricing a new liner and the cheapest I could find was $179. For some reason the Maxx liners are cheaper. Doesn’t make sense because they have nearly twice as many slots so more work goes into making them. I found one for $89 at Stove Parts 4 Less.
    It came in last night so I put it in this morning. Seems to be working fine even with my home made agitator rod. It lit off within two minutes so same as the original. Flame looks about the same. Maybe even a little more even across the pot.
    I’m just running on low for now. It’s not all that cold out and I thought I’d break it in gently. I’ll see what a high fire looks like later. So far I’m happy I saved some coin.
    I don’t really burn corn, wheat, or nut shells so I wouldn’t think there would really be any issues.

imacman, wildwest and jtakeman like this.
  2. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I'm about do to order a spare for mine. I've repaired my pot 3 times now. 1once for the shroud breaking off and 2twice for crack's. I've also drilled several .125 holes where ever carbon was building up trying to reduce it. So more holes to me might be betterer!!

I was thinking the M55 because it uses slots instead of holes. Pretty sure the burn pot grate and burn pot are the same part numbers. Augitator is also the same.

I was going to go with the after market ag when mine go south. Did you get the after market burn pot liner??

imacman and wildwest like this.
  3. figor

figor

I believe it is aftermarket. Perfect fit though. No idea where they are made. They were selling them through Amazon so I suspected China but couldn’t say for certain.
    My Omega liner had slots. Just not near as many as the M55.

I’ll be kicking her up on high when I get home and see what full burn flames look like.

imacman, wildwest and jtakeman like this.
  4. nailed_nailer

nailed_nailer

I bought my Aftermarket M-55 agitator rod and burn pot liner from
    Wood Pellet Stove Parts and Grill Replacement Parts

IIRC I ordered one item from Amazon and one directly from Stove Parts 4 less but they showed up in the same box. Go Figure?
    I think there was a cheaper price on Amazon for one of the items.
    Been about a year and while I don't think the aftermarket parts will last as long as OEM they seem to be working fine.
    Only issue seems to be the pot liner generates really big clinkers. Must be a type of metal (stainless) thing.

Good Luck,
    ----Nailer----

imacman and jtakeman like this.
  5. figor

figor

I like this M55 liner. It seems to burn the pellets that get pushed out to the side of the pot by the agitator much more then the Omega liner does. I’m glad I got it.
    I’m going to try to fab up an igniter shroud to fit the old one. I’ll have it as a spare.

6. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I'm going to pick one up next month. I need a spare. I'm also going to get another agitator and auger motors to go with my other spares. I can't wait days like I used too.

I'll likely use the Maxx M pot liner and keep the Omega liner as a spare. I'm hoping the Maxx M liner gets less carbon build up.

imacman likes this.
  7. figor

figor

I’m using the omega liner now. Had to soak the maxx liner from the Somersets.

8. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Still getting lots of carbon build up?

I drilled a chit load of holes in the Omega liner. I think I even drilled more after these pic's. Hole diameter is the same as the slots width IIRC.

IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0007.JPG

imacman likes this.
  9. figor

figor

No build up yet with the Green Supreme pellets. One week in.

I drilled my pot too but it didn’t help. I’m beginning to think my carbon build up is from the Somerset pellets I always used.