In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Engalnder equivalents?

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by fox9988, Dec 24, 2013.

  1. fox9988

    fox9988

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,710
    Likes Received:
    8,287
    Location:
    NW Arkansas 72717
    These were at my local Lowes. Are there corresponding Englanders? image.jpg
     

    Attached Files:

  2. BrowningBAR

    BrowningBAR

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    1,379
    Likes Received:
    2,105
    Location:
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    If I recall, those are made from US Stove. Pretty sure I saw the 1800 last time I was at Lowes. If it was the 1800, that firebox was surprisingly small for what it claimed it could heat.

    But, yes, US Stove, Drolet, and a few others companies produce economic lines of steel stoves that compete with Englander.
     
    raybonz, papadave and fox9988 like this.
  3. fox9988

    fox9988

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,710
    Likes Received:
    8,287
    Location:
    NW Arkansas 72717
    I thought these might be a 30 and 13 re-badged. The big one didn't look like 3.5 cuft but it was wide, just real short top to bottom, I'd SWAG 2.5 cuft. The little one maybe 1.6 cuft.
     
  4. BrowningBAR

    BrowningBAR

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    1,379
    Likes Received:
    2,105
    Location:
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    No, completely different stoves. I'll be in a Lowes this week and I will check them out again. But, if it was an 1800 that I saw last time, the firebox was no more than 2 cu ft.
     
  5. raybonz

    raybonz Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    4,225
    Likes Received:
    9,758
    Location:
    Carver, Mass.
  6. billb3

    billb3

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    10,513
    Likes Received:
    54,562
    Location:
    SE Mass
    Pleasant Hearth is GHP Group, headquartered in Morton Grove, Il.
    Incorporated 2003, yet claims 100 years of manufacturing heating appliances. History ?
    Pretty sure they are a division of a huge world wide investment group.


    U S Stove headquartered in Tennessee - making heating equipment since 1937


    Both companies stoves are likely imported, but don't know that for sure - if that has any value to you.
     
    fox9988 likes this.