In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Endurance 50 & control board troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by Spruce_Goose, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Spruce_Goose

Spruce_Goose

My workaround was to keep the auger motor connected and measure voltage across it, rather than on an open circuit. That sufficiently bled the leakage and displayed around 0 volts, even when the auger was being called for. Dealer then confirmed both boards were bad by plugging them into another stove.

I believe you can use a low-z mode on a meter to accomplish the same thing or, as Matt at Fahrenheit recommended, check for current instead of voltage. But I don't have a clamp meter and was hesitant to use a DMM in-series without knowing how much current would be drawn in a potentially bad circuit.

I have a solenoid style voltmeter that bleeds off 'ghost' voltages right quick (vibrates in your hand :)), but I didn't want to stick that in a circuit with sensitive electronics in case it drew too much current and fried a component (if it wasn't already). My understanding is a good meter with low-z doesn't draw near the amperage of such a solenoid style and kicks in protections (increases impedance rapidly) if too much current starts running through the meter. I actually decided to buy a meter with that mode after this.

ivanhoe and Ssyko like this.
  2. Ssyko

Ssyko

jtakeman, ivanhoe and Spruce_Goose like this.
  3. Edi

Edi

Hey im have same exact problem as urs.
    Where did u source the control board?
    I need 1

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

jtakeman and SmokeyTheBear like this.