In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

EDC Knife thread

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Smokinpiney, Jul 4, 2014.

1. CurDog

CurDog

Gotta love a good Case Knife!

The fixed blade and the brown trapper have skinned more game that I care to talk about

Attached Files:

2. grandgourmand

grandgourmand

i'm already thinking of my next knife....a bit more of a splurge one. either the spyderco sage 1. or the benchmade 940-1. i had my mind set on the benchmade, just based on reviews and hype (Admittedly). but after using the Delica for a while, I have come to appreciate the spyderco brand. I really like the hole. and the sage-1 is $60 less. i know they aren't directly comparable, but for a "gentleman's knife" they seem to fit the bill. i'm a real gentleman if you didn't already know.:p

HolsatiaRedneck and colin.p like this.
  3. colin.p

colin.p

I'm torn between the BM 531 or the 908 Stryker, both at the same price. I'm going in next week to check the both out. Maybe say the heck with it and buy two Case knives instead.

4. Shurdel

Shurdel

IMG_4081.JPG This is what I carry every day, at home and at work. Spyderco Tenacious. I really like them. I have another Spyderco that I've had for 20 years. They're sharp and I like the hole for opening. Very easy to open.

5. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

The BM's are with it imo. Their customer service is second to none should you EVER need it.

colin.p likes this.
  6. HolsatiaRedneck

HolsatiaRedneck

PC010269.JPG

From Top to Bottom:
    Hippekniep with Brasilian Redwood Handles (German Sodbuster, Sollingen),
    Böker Plus Dozier Traveller with Walnut Handles (Made in China or Taiwan) and
    a Sodbuster Junior, an American Classic which i got of a friend from South Carolina.

7. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

Really like the Hippeknieb. The redwood makes it really stand out.

8. HolsatiaRedneck

HolsatiaRedneck

You cant go any wrong with that! Shipping and Taxes are too high, otherwise i would have to add some extra rooms for my Case knives.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    FatBoy85 likes this.
  9. HolsatiaRedneck

HolsatiaRedneck

Schmitz Hippekniep

they start at 37euros and i guess shipping would be like 8euros or so with tracking number and insurance. I got to say the fit and finish is okay but way better on the Case Jr i got.
    Maybe its just my knife but in the end i didnt bother and kept it. They are made like 100 years ago, made by men who are at least 100years old.

PC010273.JPG

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    FatBoy85, colin.p and XXL like this.
  10. JIMBETHYNAME

JIMBETHYNAME

I have been carrying a Kershaw Blur for the past 3 years.
    Great knives and also HENCHO IN ESTATAES UNITAS

colin.p likes this.
  11. colin.p

colin.p

I kind if forgot about this thread, but I didn't get the 908 or the 531. I actually got a 940-2 and a 580 (the 580 was very used from a co-worker, may need a new blade but it was cheap) AND a new Case wharncliffe mini-trapper.

I am now dangerously close to ordering a Spyderco PM2 and a Manix 2 LW. Shoot me now...PLEASE

12. Deer Meadow Farm

Deer Meadow Farm

My father, who grew up during the Depression, always said: "A man that carries a pocket knife is worth $0.25 more an hour!" The thought being that a man that had his own knife would be worth more as he could do more. Anyway, I've carried a knife since I was 6. My current EDC is this Leatherman Skeletool, Tough, lightweight, and has everything I need on it.
    edc.jpg

My hunting knife was custom made for me by an old German knife maker that lived in my friend's village and whom he actually apprenticed under when he was younger. I used to travel to Germany a lot for work, not so much anymore, but I always used to visit that old man. I loved that shop in his basement where he, his wife, his son, and daughter-in-law made knives and also some medical instruments. Very cool old-world place!

Knife.jpg

FatBoy85, ChipsFlyin, GrJfer and 4 others like this.
  13. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

I really want the PM2 as well! Have you ever heard of Massdrop?
    Massdrop: Community-Driven Commerce
    If you register to the site (I have and bought stuff from them), when enough people request the item, there are great savings as it is a group buy. Some awesome deals.

colin.p likes this.
  14. GrJfer

GrJfer

My skeletool has become my EDC knife, it's just so handy.

15. JIMBETHYNAME

JIMBETHYNAME

Check out dlt trading. They have a exclusive to them PM2, with red scales for $147.

16. HolsatiaRedneck

HolsatiaRedneck

PC020283.JPG

Thats what i use for farmwork.

17. Ronaldo

Ronaldo

You just carry it on your belt?

18. HolsatiaRedneck

HolsatiaRedneck

I usually wear Helikon cargos with a knife pocket, it sits in there even though it sticks out by a third but it works fine.
    You can put it back in the sheath alot faster, without the chance of pokin into your beerbelly.
    I find sittin in a Frontloader with a knife on your belt is rather uncomfortable... in my opinion at least.

Ronaldo likes this.
  19. colin.p

colin.p

Well, I was saving towards a Spyderco PM2 but as I was browsing the website of a local knife store (Kutter's) in Ottawa, I saw they had the Benchmade 535 Bugout in stock. Now that particular knife really didn't interest me too much when it first was announced, and quite frankly, the scale colour blue was kind of a turnoff. However, I was rather intrigued with the 531 but didn't really like the style (rather "daggery") but I have to say, this little knife really hits all the right buttons.

It is super light (the reason why it was introduced in the first place) and carries like a dream. It took awhile to loosen up and now flicks open/closed with ease. The Bugout was promoted as a "bugout"/ camping/hiking style of knife (even though I haven't figured out exactly what "bugging out" is) and I'm sure it is all of that, but one thing I can say is that this little bugger makes a cracking good EDC blade. This is going to make serious competition for the 940, at least for my 940.

Attached Files:

20. Ronaldo

Ronaldo

Ooooohhhh, I like the blade style on that knife. Handle looks really good too.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

The Wood Wolverine and colin.p like this.