In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Echo CS-1201 anyone have one ??

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Screwloose, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Screwloose

Screwloose

I've wondered about getting one for a while now and thought I'd ask you guys. Got the itch lately for a new saw.

M2theB, eatonpcat, thistle and 3 others like this.
  2. sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

Are they even available in the US? I dont think they are, due to stupid EPA regs.

If you're itching for a big saw, I see a lot of guys buying the Chinese Stihl clones.

Horkn, Barcroftb and Screwloose like this.
  3. Husky Man

Husky Man

over on the AS forum, there is a member by the username Robin Wood, who lives in Indonesia, that will get saws NLA in North America for US/Can members.

Robin Wood has gotten many different saws for us that we can no longer get, and has been Dead on Reliable and Reputable, I am trying to round the coin for a 372XP. OE, pre XTorq, he has some available at $780/USD, NIB, PHO SHIPPED

IIRC, it wasn’t too long ago that he sold an AS member an Echo 1201 NIB, but I don’t recall the price

That buyer, as All the buyers I know of got and were HAPPY, with their purchases, that one might be the one that had a vendor delay, but they did get the saw and were very impressed with it

Doug :cheers:

eatonpcat, M2theB, Horkn and 2 others like this.
  4. Husky Man

Husky Man

I’m pretty new Here, so Please Forgive my recommending AS sellers, I just don’t know, so can’t recommend any of the FHC sellers.

If you’re just looking for Big, Bad and Mean, Dave, “the Chainsawguy” has the Husqvarna 3120XP for $1399 USD, NIB,PHO SHIPPED, which probably the Best Deal out there on a Mega Saw

I can personally vouch for Dave, I bought my 3120XP from him, as have several AS members, and last I looked, he had sold around 90 on eBay, his price is the same on eBay, but he does charge shipping through eBay, but not through the forum

I would buy from Dave again, without any hesitation

Doug :cheers:

eatonpcat, huskihl, M2theB and 4 others like this.
  5. Barcroftb

Barcroftb

I guess the question is what's your intended use of the cs1201? I've run one briefly. Pretty cool old style saw. Would make a nice show piece in a collection. Would function as a monster firewood saw too. Limited availability of both saw and wearable parts make it more of a novelty saw though. There are several saws I could recommend if I knew better what you were planning on doing with it (ie. milling, firewood, stumping, etc.).

6. Screwloose

Screwloose

A few trickle through, they have them in Mexico so.... it's more that I'm a echo fan. I did buy the biggest Stihl new and frankly I was disappointed. No manual supplemental oiler, plastic that feels cheap, goofy fuel cap, expensive flimsy bar......

7. Screwloose

Screwloose

Thanks, always like to hear a good recommendation!!

eatonpcat, Horkn, brenndatomu and 2 others like this.
  8. Screwloose

Screwloose

Well geez.....I have no real need for it. I just can't help wanting one. Heck I have probably only put 5 gallons of gas through the 880 since new. I really just like the "old school " echo design. Yeah I know...big and slow....but so am I.

eatonpcat, huskihl, M2theB and 7 others like this.
  9. Barcroftb

Barcroftb

In that case go for it. Cool tractor of a saw. I like my Echo's too.

On the other hand you could always have the 880 ported:whistle:

MS880 CFB style

Before

After

10. Screwloose

Screwloose

I may just break down and have Kevin work his magic.

11. Redfin

Redfin

If your looking for cool old and bad azz I have a 125 Mac on the block. Ive run it against 090s and a CS-1201. American mag schooled them.

Nixon, thistle, tamarack and 3 others like this.
  12. Screwloose

Screwloose

I can't buy anything immediately as I need to build up the discretionary funds. No way I can pass it off as needed. But that said what are they going for these days? I was interested in a Mall bar listed on Epay but now the price is getting out of hand. Might as well be further disappointed.

eatonpcat likes this.
  13. thistle

thistle

I'd love to have Godzilla sometime,and its older little brother the CS900EVL.

eatonpcat and Screwloose like this.