I'm a seasonal worker with my business. Haven't taken a day off since January 1 and have done more tax returns than I'd care to mention. I've filed extensions already and have only a little left in the next week or two. Tomorrow, I'm going to take down a tree and do some clean-up work. Haven't fired a chainsaw since February and I'm dying for some time outdoors after spending so many days and nights chained to the compter. (man was not meant to do office work) I have several new Oregon chains for the 441, so tomorrow I will make quick work of filling my Chevy pickup with silver maple which will be ready to burn by next season with it's quick seasoning when split small. I'm really looking forward to some time for me. It sounds selfish, but I know all the hoarders can understand. I'm going to get some fresh gas for the saw and the truck and do some quick maintenance on the saw to make sure tensions are correct and all loose nuts are squared away. Pics to follow in the evening. Did I mention that I'm excited to do some sawing? A non ported 441 with an 8 pin 16 inch bar set-up is still a screamer.
Dropped this tree. Got hung up on another and made for some interesting cutting. Had to carefully cut from the underside and then get out of the way as the tree contorted in unpredictable ways. I need to get some chains so I can start pulling these trees from the bottom and free the tops that way. I don't need to be messing with these leaners. Way too dangerous.