Im getting part numbers together to make the order for all my pipe. I've got everything figured out except the firestop spacer. The site im ordering from shows part # 3pvp-fs as a firestop spacer that looks basically flat. But if i google that same part # im also showing a firestop spacer with what looks like a small shield that extends into the attic. The spacer with the shield looks like a much better product. Anyone know why im getting two different images of the same part #? Here's a link to the better looking spacer http://www.ventingpipe.com/DuraVent...!32091895622&gclid=CM6L7fmv0MECFc87MgodY20AwA And here's the flat one http://www.efireplacestore.com/cpf-...=FeedPerfect&gclid=CNbg0uOx0MECFZeFaQodHXcAOw
My vertical install was done professionally using selkirk direct temp and they just used half of a standard wall thimble. hth
I thought about using the interior half of the thimble i got with the stove. It looks almost identical except that where the pipe goes through it's recessed in.
I would do that before spending money on the other piece, mine actually passes through 2 ceilings(2 story) so they used both halves.
IMO, use the piece that is specifically made to go through the ceiling......insurance companies will look for any opportunity to deny a claim for "improper installation". That $50 will seem like small change if the insurance co. eliminates thousands in claims benefits. My 2 cents.
Can I borrow your thread? My husband asked me to buy a roof brace or "guy" for our pipe ontop of the roof for wind. I cannot locate any under pellet, and the wood ones are too big diameter. thanks
How far does the venting extend past the roof line? Here's the pic from the online manual for a 65. Shouldn't need a support if installed like this...
Thats what the dealer said! I just went outside and looked it's like 4' high Dealer said they don't exist, thinking about getting him a 6" and he can modify it. (I never looked before, last time I left the house I was too busy chasing stray goats to notice)