In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Dupuytren's Contracture

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by thewoodlands, Aug 26, 2020.

1. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Sounds like it keeps improving. I’ve got to call the hand surgeon cause my pinky is getting more painful. The arthritis flares just make it worse too.

T.Jeff Veal and Chazsbetterhalf like this.
  2. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I hope they can help you NortheastAl . This mornings ice on the hand was some nice Brook water, we removed the majority of a downed Hemlock from the ice last winter. I didn't take the camera since the walk across the rocks can get pretty slick.

T.Jeff Veal and Chazsbetterhalf like this.
  3. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

My affected hand is doing pretty good, in the morning it use to take about 15 or 20 bending of the fingers before the stiffness would go away but I'm down to 2 fist makers before the stiffness is gone. I still have some swelling but they did tell me that might be around until February of 2021.

I think my strength in the affected area is back, the last time I used the pole saw I could feel it in a few fingers but after running the pole saw today, those fingers feel fine.

4. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Did you get to your hand surgeon yet or are things being put off because of the uptick in cases.

5. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Not yet, Zap. I think it’s better to stay out of any doctor's office as much as I can right now. They keep closing the schools and giving exposure warnings of what time and day a positive case was in a store or business. Yesterday we were in Connecticut and my wife gets a pop up on her cell phone to get notices in CT if she is close to a possible positive COVID person. It’s getting freaky. The hand hasn’t gotten any worse than what it was before the steroid shot so I guess I’ll wait for now. Thanks for asking. BTW how is your hand doing?

6. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Keep at it guys!

NortheastAl and Chazsbetterhalf like this.
  7. Backwoods Savage

btw, I'm having an emg next week. Hoping they can find a way to get the use back into my fingers and hand.

wildwest, NortheastAl, M2theB and 2 others like this.
  8. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

It's doing great, I still have swelling but nothing like it was. Our cases are on the rise up here too, we limit the places we go but it's always in the back of your mind.

We usually go away for Thanksgiving but will stay away from family this year, the area that we would be going to has been hit hard. I had some family members who had been around some people who ended up having the bug, once the two adults found out they tested positive, a bunch of family members were tested but their tests came back negative.

My wife went grocery shopping the other day when she was in town for something else, the store thought it was a great idea to change where everything use to be on shelves before Thanksgiving, it was a total mess. I'll start taking my temp again tomorrow morning, I hope you and your family can stay safe.....that goes for anyone who reads this.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and may you and your families stay safe. :yes:

I sent the below GIF to my sister on why we wouldn't be coming for Thanksgiving, her turkey is always dry! :whistle:
    [​IMG]

9. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I hope they do Sav, we'll say a prayer.

10. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

I hate dry turkey too. I found out down this end of the state we may be approaching the yellow zone which might add more restrictions. Crazy stuff. You stay safe and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

11. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Good luck on the EMG. I’ve had them in the hand before. Not fun.

12. Backwoods Savage

It is strange Al. I've had one that was pure He!! and others that weren't bad at all.

Chazsbetterhalf and NortheastAl like this.
  13. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

The one I had for carpal tunnel involved needles in my palm and thumb muscle. One I had years before that only involved electrodes on the fingers with no needles or blood. I guess it depends on the neurologist and what test they find reliable.

14. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Just a small update, I still have some swelling in the affected hand but nothing like it was after the shots. It still takes one closing of the fist in the morning which takes the stiffness out of it. Hopefully by the end of February when the wearing of the splint at night is done, the swelling is down even more.

Chazsbetterhalf and NortheastAl like this.
  15. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Zap, that’s great to hear. Mine actually hasn’t been that bad recently, and it’s even gotten better so I put off seeing the hand surgeon for now. Sometimes I get tendon issues caused by my Psoriatic arthritis, and it that can play a part. The tendon is still thick, but no where near as tight as before. Time will tell. Hope yours continues to improve.

Chazsbetterhalf and thewoodlands like this.
  16. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

God be with you guys...your doc's, and the work you have to do.
    Sca

NortheastAl and Chazsbetterhalf like this.
  17. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Many thanks.

Chazsbetterhalf and Sirchopsalot like this.