I LOVE this guy and his movies about his quest in Alaska. Thanks for sharing this "new to me" footage Stinny!
Watched alone in the wilderness again last night. That guy was a working machine and an amazing woodworker with minimal hand tools.
Yea I love the guy and his movies "alone in the wilderness" PBS/ETV shows them and has them in rerun every now n then.
The movies are like an hour long each. There is two that I know of...maybe three? He lived there into his 80s. Then moved to Cali with family for the rest of his life. I know a portion at the end he would fly back to cali for the winter and just stay out there in the summer. He had a cabin exemption and was in the middle of the park. And to this day his cabin is still a kept up by NPS
Just watched the Public TV special on him last week. Pretty amazing. I think I work pretty hard, but after watching him I felt like a slug.