In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Drolet Myriad II

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Hoytman, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Hoytman

Hoytman

Anyone have any information on these? Your thoughts welcome.

How much do these run in the off season?

Anyone have comparison info of Myriad II with the NC30?

2. chris

chris

the drolet Myriad is rated at a higher btu than the nc30 but it is also priced apx $300+ more. That said both companies have good reviews. I see that Drolet has greatly expanded their line up. The HT 2000 was the largest now there is a HT3000. On occasion people have been able to get the NC30 for as little as $600. I am on my second install of a nc30 ( i moved in 2017 left other behind) At that install could have used a bigger stove- 2000 sq ft split ranch 1960 build. Current place 2200 sq ft split ranch but of a different configuration and 1990 build with 6" walls. -31 deg F out side, 75 deg F inside and only using the centrally located Nc30. both install were/are on the main floor. after six seasons at the old place I made new pins for the door hinges, it is a wear point on all stoves. I also replaced the ceramic fiber baffles/boards and Gaskets once in that time period. I sourced the baffle material locally. I do not know what drolet is using for baffles or replacement cost if at all possible. Drolet is part of a large Canadian conglomerate that sells at least 3 stove lines. Englander is a US company stand alone. Stoves are made state side in the southern tier of states. I do not know where the castings for same are made though ( the door on the NC30 is cast)

3. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Drolet enjoys a good reputation with customers...they had problems with their Tundra wood furnace cracking when the first model came out and they repaired, actually, replaced most, or all of them.
    I've heard a lot of good about their stoves, especially the bigger ones.
    We have the smaller 1400i insert stove in the fireplace...don't use it a lot, but it works fine.

T.Jeff Veal likes this.
  4. moresnow

moresnow

Another Drolet supporter here. HT2000 is the real deal in a reasonably priced tube stove. Durable, simple and nice burn times. I have no experience with the Myraid.

T.Jeff Veal likes this.
  5. Hoytman

Hoytman

I never paid attention if the Myriad door was cast or not. I do like that the door has an adjustment. I can't say if the NC 30 has an adjustment on the door or not.

Another thing...I need to pay attention to the stove measurements on the Myriad II and the NC 30. The Myriad seems to be a small stove with a huge firebox...compared to my large stove and firebox. I've not seen an NC 30 in person yet.

T.Jeff Veal likes this.
  6. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

I don't know about the NC30, but we have the Drolet Blackcomb, we have used it as sole heat for 6yrs in a 1580 sq ft double wide. Both take 20" wood, ours works better with 18". Myriad probably has a bigger firebox...both have cast doors, they use vermiculite baffle with ceramic blanket on top. I have replaced door gasket and baffle 1 time.
    Love ours.

brenndatomu likes this.
  7. chris

chris

it would help to know where this is to be installed.

T.Jeff Veal likes this.
  8. Hoytman

Hoytman

Stove will sit near center of the home. Chimney vents just off center of the peak of the roof a bit, masonry. Stove will sit in a 32'x16' approx. room with the kitchen (couple hundred sq/ft) forming an "L" shaped open room...basically half of the house. Eight foot ceilings, attic decently insulated, 2"x4" insulated walls (though not insulated well), siding...some big windows (2 - approx. 5'x6').

T.Jeff Veal and brenndatomu like this.