In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Drolet Myriad,Austral , Baltic and Legend

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Huntindog1, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Huntindog1

Huntindog1

I used to own a Vogelzang Performer Wood Stove. The Performer is a nice stove but if the wind was blowing it created havoc with the fire like the wind was coming down the flue or something. Not sure what was going on but you could tell it was windy outside. It was not just a Vogelzang Performer issue as I have heard of other stoves having that issue.

I know others have the Drolet stoves I have listed above and the stoves listed all use the same firebox and are the same size but are different on the outside. You can look them up if you want.

What I have noticed with the stove I own the Drolet Myriad isnt affected by windy conditions. Its just one of the little things I noticed with the stove and thought I would pass it on. I know this stove was designed by a Canadian Company most likely for the Canadian weather which can be more harsh than we have in the lower 48. Might be why it was designed to radiate heat so well as in Canada the temps can get really cold.

Lastly I hear reports every year about this time of people getting a scare from run away stoves. Having no idea what happened but it is a scary situation. So I thought I would also point out that unlike my previous Vogelzang Performer, these drolet stoves the fire can be snuffed out with the input primary heat control. I came in today and the stove had got pretty hot but not a run away but stove top was 850. I just closed the input air all the way and the stove calmed down. A nice feature to have.

I am not trying to sell stoves but as I learn things , I like to share the info if people are looking for info especially the little things about a stove. If anyone is interested , I put a review of this stove in the stove review section a while back ago.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  2. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

I second everything he said.

wildwest likes this.
  3. oldspark

oldspark

Me too, love the stove runs easily and put out a ton of radiant heat, I have a piece of metal for a heat shield 20 inches away from the one side of the Drolet and it was at 186 degrees last night, I think thats almost as hot as the sides of the Summit (seriously).