In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Dr. Stoveglove Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Hate Woodstock Stove Co.

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by BCC_Burner, Oct 31, 2021.

1. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Yoop is right you said you cancelled your order and bashed Woodstock then!!

mat60, Screwloose, Barcroftb and 8 others like this.
  2. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Here the quote of his words.

BB49583C-46B0-49C5-B2EA-B0E31A8E1B8E.png

Barcroftb, Horkn, ReelFaster and 6 others like this.
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Sorry but the OP has shown his "opinions" more than once and I've not seen a whole lot of positives; I'm thinkong he just has a wish to attempt to put people and business down.

On damage, yes, we had a little damage when we received our stove but it was minor and it took 2 or 3 to get replacement. One of the problems was some scratched paint and it was minor and I did not ask for anything but still received a new can of paint from them.

Perhaps the most amazing thing was after sending a picture, they noticed something in that picture and sent a replacement without even asking. No, I do not recall what it was but remember the surprise. I have never had one problem with Woodstock and also know many happy owners.

4. fire_man

fire_man

Dennis I seem to remember you once posted a picture of your Fireview Cat just to show what a dirty one looked like and someone at Woodstock saw that post and did not like the looks of the warped housing.

A couple days later a new Cat arrived at your doorstep and you had never even directly contacted them. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

5. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

If this is the case, 2 things...1. impressive memory fire_man, 2. impressive customer service from WS! :handshake:

6. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

I'm just here for the
    [​IMG]

7. Scotty Overkill

Scotty Overkill Administrator

I'd like to see pictures of this damage. Because, from the sounds of it, WS isn't to blame at all for any of that.

WS has been with us here since we started this forum way back in 2013, they've done nothing but impress me with their commitment to their customers as well as the countless good reviews that many of our members have left them (some actually BETA-tested their products) and I know Steve and his crew are all top-notch people. So I'd like more specifics.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but I'm sure you know by now how messed-up the shipping situation is here (and globally) right now, have you contacted your shipper to see what can be done to correct any of this?

A 4,000 dollar deliver warrants a VERY close inspection upon delivery, IMO.....

8. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Many thanks to fire_man. He remembered what I was having a problem recalling. He also sent me a picture of a post that I had made (this was before FHC). Notice this was something like a week short of a year from when we bought the stove!

upload_2021-11-1_10-20-26.png

9. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Okay, I was thinking the same thing Yoops, thank you for clearing it up.

10. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

FYI incase others here don't know, only the freight company is responsible for damage, they took possession and responsibility for it when they picked it up. Once you sign the release you're out of luck for any recourse. Either note damage on the release form or reject the delivery. Then, most freight companies require you file a report in a short time period after delivery. Don't make the same mistake the OP did folks, he can smear and slander the manufacturer's reputation till he's blue in the face but that won't change the fact they are not responsible. At this point he is at the good will of the manufacturer and treating them like this might have ruined that chance.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    Screwloose, Barcroftb, Chaz and 8 others like this.
  11. yooperdave

yooperdave

:handshake:

12. timusp40

timusp40

Hate is a ugly word. Perhaps one uses it because of their own shortcomings or misguided thoughts. The company in question has a excellant reputation for outstanding customer service. There is more to his story than a damaged woodstove.

13. Horkn

Horkn

Ooooh!!! A fresh batch!!!:popcorn:

14. Dmorris

Dmorris

I am supposed to be getting my new one in a couple of weeks, I ordered it from the great reviews of the stove and customer service I have read about on here, so far through the ordering process I have been way more than satisfied, can’t wait to get it in and installed!

Screwloose, Barcroftb, Chaz and 8 others like this.
  15. fire_man

fire_man

The guys at Woodstock have a pretty good sense of humor.

I was ordering WS stoves about every 3 years (3 stoves total) and I used the huge empty cardboard box to hold all my paper/cardboard recycling. After about 3 years the box would get worn and torn but this was not a problem since I got a new stove. I told Ron at Woodstock it was getting expensive replacing my boxes every 3 years, having to order a new stove and all.

Well the next day a brand new empty box showed up at my doorstep.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  16. yooperdave

yooperdave

Disgruntled former employee that wanted colorado lifestyle instead of a career at woodstock?

17. bobdog2o02

bobdog2o02

Blazeking spec ops.....

18. fire_man

fire_man

I think the OP's post backfired.
    Anybody reading this thread would see all the other posts and buy a WS Stove.

19. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Don’t think so, owners of Woodstock and BK are friendly rivalry.. Tom owner of Woodstock said good things about BK to me. I looked at BK king, determining factor for me was I already built chimney in 6” .. king requires 8”

Screwloose, Barcroftb, Chaz and 9 others like this.
  20. PA Mountain Man

PA Mountain Man

I'm on my third batch!:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Screwloose, Barcroftb, Chaz and 7 others like this.