In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Does anyone burn corn?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by swags, Jan 3, 2014.

  1. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Looks like from what I got from the guys here I can convert it to pellets fairly easily. If not right away corn is cheap this year and I can drive 10 minutes and buy it from about 10 different farmers. I can get it bagged or by the truckload and I already have tons of feed bags so filling my own bags wouldn't be very difficult. But based on the feedback here I will definitely be looking into changing it out to pellets as they are easier and cheaper.
     
  2. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Well I brought the stove home tonight but after loading it with a forklift and picking up a corner to slide it, that thing is heavy. Not exactly sure yet how I will get it off the back of my truck.
     
    DexterDay likes this.
  3. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Well I got it off the truck, backed the truck up to a bank and was able to get it just low enough to slide the pallet onto the tractor. Now I need to get this thing apart, cleaned and get it hooked up!
     

    Attached Files:

    jtakeman and 343amc like this.
  4. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,312
    Likes Received:
    55,506
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    What a beast! Looks to be in pretty decent shape. Keep us posted.
     
    swags likes this.
  5. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Lookin forward to this thing cranking some heat out!
     
    jtakeman likes this.
  6. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Look on the back of the stove, find the combustion blower, then look inside the firebox, and find the path that the exhaust gas must take to get from the firebox, to blower. That passage/passages is what plugs up and stops most stoves from a good burn. That's why so many good stoves go on CL. Some people don't know where to clean.


    Get anair compressor, and a good nozzle with an 18" or so extention, and blow all that crud out while it's outdoors.
     
    swags likes this.