In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Do you have a 4' Bush Hog? Tell me about it...

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by RCBS, Jun 27, 2024.

1. JimBear

JimBear

I would look at this version, RCR 15 vs RCR12, a bit heavier build & maybe a bit pricier.

Land Pride

I
    am guessing that looked on tractorhouse ?

Pardon Our Interruption

brenndatomu and RCBS like this.
  2. morningwood

morningwood

I've had a Woods 6' Heavy Duty rotary cutter for the last five years or so and it's been exceptional. Zero issues so far and I use it 30 - 40 hours a year. Not a ton of use but it's not twice a year either. Land Pride, and Bush Hog make really good pieces of equipment too. I had a Land Pride finish mower and it did a better job on my lawn than my zero turn.

The rotary cutters that cost a little more money will have a slip clutch, heavier duty gear box, removable chains and wear plates, and thicker steel. If you are mostly cutting grass or weeds that isn't a big deal but when you start getting into taking down small saplings you will be glad you have those things. I would high recommend getting one this is quick hitch compatible too. My tractor came with a quick hitch, and I wouldn't trade it for the world as long as the piece of equipment is quick hitch compliant. I can hook to my bush hog and put the PTO on in a minute or two.

brenndatomu and RCBS like this.
  3. JD Guy

JD Guy

Very good point on the QH compatibility! I wrestled with implement hook up for a number of years before I bought a QH, and principally for my 7 foot bush hog. Since I am not doing haying and other jobs anymore the change over of the several implements themselves to QH is no longer that important. Most flail mowers are NOT QH compatible though, at least that’s been my experience.

4. MasterMech

MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

Is that to run without the loader on and not having to install a weight bracket?

5. MasterMech

MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

Just getting both lower pins aligned is more fun than many owners signed up for. Rotary cutters are some of the most difficult of the common implements to get it done. Small, economy tractors often don't have any of the niceties tractors intended for larger, heavy (hard to manually move) implements would have.

morningwood likes this.