Thanks Jon, We have met.. you know I am not real old but politically incorrect. Thanks for sharing right name will make easier to find when daughter takes for her next art project... I don't really mind as I try to encourage her art. since I have a hard time drawing a straight line with a ruler
LOL, first thing I thought with pipe cleaners was exactly the chenile things. Except, I associate them with kids arts and crafts so then thought you might have some time brass bristled rods. Pipe cleaners works good for me, learn something new every day about PC language.
I forgot to ask about this. Is it the pipes hammering in the basement when you shut the water off? or the faucet itself? You have city water?
a pressure reducing valve might be your answer if you have really high water pressure. 60 psi is plenty in a house. higher than that is hard on things like the float valve in the toilet and valve seats in faucets. I run 45-60 psi in my well pump. most are set around 35-45 psi and that's still enough, or maybe less with a shallow well pump
Our previous home ran 12 psi when we bought it. It was hilarious, took forever for the old 4.5gal toilet to fill, the sprinkler only sprayed like 12" high, and I had to add extra pitchers of water during the fill cycles in a used dishwasher we put in We had to get a showerpik on hose so WWW could rinse soap off the hair on his legs It was the highest (elevation) city water tap in the whole city. It was in the 20's psi down at the barn, but the home was built on the top of the lot a couple hundred feet higher (elevation). Basically our home was the same elevation as the water tank that fed our neighborhood, all the homes above us had to drill VERY deep for a well & haul water when the aquafor went dry some summers. We struggled with the water board, they denied a pressure bladder/pump at the tap saying since pressure was acceptable down at the barn it was not their responsibility. Then we found out once the water came into our home it was OUR water. Large pump and 50 gal pressure bladder installed in the basement (crawlspace) a couple years later We still only ran about 35psi though, we were afraid of the old pipes that had never normal pressure........ Here at this house we run around 30, just enough to run appliances and a decent shower.