In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

DIY plumbing escapades, success and ooops

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by wildwest, Mar 30, 2016.

  1. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,666
    Likes Received:
    144,684
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    There is no identifying name on the faucet. LOL and my ebay account does not show old purchases. This faucet was for our previous home around 2011 but was never installed til we moved here :rofl: :lol:. At the time I bought it the black friday price was awesome for a tall sink. Anyway I have no doubt it might be a "hybrid" and likely why it was so inexpensive.

    I am hoping for in the future, as with hauling water to fill a cistern will have more clogs in the future, that the hole in the screen will let me rinse out clogs from the aerator screen instead of standing on my head to unhook the hoses. On the other hand, I dont really like this faucet anyway......
     
    Stinny, Eric VW and papadave like this.
  2. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    Hey.. Hey.. Hey! this is a family friendly site?!?
     
  3. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,549
    Likes Received:
    141,575
    Location:
    US
    Hammering? Happens at my kitchen sink too...... The plumbing in this old house is full of 90's (elbows, wildwest, not the decade:zip:).
    Someone brought that up a year ago or so here...don't remember where tho.
     
    papadave and wildwest like this.
  4. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,666
    Likes Received:
    144,684
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Ha!! Wifeys are funny and a PITA, whether you laugh at me or with me, I will still be pleased. Seriously. Not sure how you all put up with me in the first place :rofl: :lol: Heck, I laugh at myself atleast a couple times per day:rofl: :lol:
     
    basod, milleo, Stinny and 1 other person like this.
  5. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,549
    Likes Received:
    141,575
    Location:
    US
    Ynuck Ynuck Ynuck...... Laugh away, I'm usually laughing at myself too:rofl: :lol:
    Talking about the pipes holding up- this house was built in '51:whistle:
    What'd you think I meant?:rofl: :lol:
     
    TurboDiesel and wildwest like this.
  6. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,549
    Likes Received:
    141,575
    Location:
    US
    There, fixed it WW!
    :rofl: :lol:
    :thumbs:
    :):):):):)
     
  7. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,666
    Likes Received:
    144,684
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    I have a feeling I am like your wife, and that all you men here are pretty good at cipherin' . OK, I know everyone here is good at cipherin' womanspeak:) All of you are awesome!
     
  8. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    This is where I was headed, WW. :thumbs:
    There isn't really a need for the screen where you cant get to it. Only thing it could help with might be keeping the sediment out of the washer/seal/seat in the faucet itself. The crud could wear the seat/washer prematurely...but in an inexpensive faucet...whats the point?
     
  9. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,549
    Likes Received:
    141,575
    Location:
    US
    Great observation bud.:yes:
     
    wildwest and TurboDiesel like this.
  10. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    :Dyour kinda like that crazy aunt from the other side of the family...:p
    nah, we love you here!
    somebody has to keep us straight:yes:
     
  11. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,666
    Likes Received:
    144,684
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Thanks Tim!
     
    TurboDiesel and Eric VW like this.
  12. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,549
    Likes Received:
    141,575
    Location:
    US
    :yes:
    So true-every bit of it:thumbs:
    :)
     
  13. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,666
    Likes Received:
    144,684
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Crazier that you all try to understand me:eek: Then actually help all the while making me laugh (I need more laughs :) )




    :rofl: :lol:
     
  14. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    you get what you pay for here when we help...
    We don't charge much and you don't get much...:rofl: :lol:

    :whistle:sometimes we even give subtle hints to a silly question...lol ...:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

    ;)
     
  15. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,731
    Likes Received:
    224,506
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    And that is the same thought I had on the screen location.
    Looking back on the prior posts, I don't think WW could have explained it much better; it' not necessarily the "woman speak" it's probably more of a case of "man listening"!
    Seems to happen around these parts from time to time.

    At any rate, the faucet is fixed and there are no leaks! Success!

    :thumbs::rootintootin:
     
    milleo, wildwest, TurboDiesel and 3 others like this.
  16. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,651
    Likes Received:
    130,696
    Location:
    Vermont
    Ohh, what I call pipe cleaners in woman speak.... bendable wire with colored string (like caterpillar fur) that you would use in a child's art project.. basically designed to get smoke stuff from mouth end of a pipe...

    my faucets... i put same one (moen) in all 12 kitchen sinks left handle high arch to fill pots right handle and sprayer so if the screen fail little bits get in small brass line from on off handle to faucet head.. I would take pics to help but daughter has broken it on field trip.. photos from tablet are not good at close ups..
     
    Eric VW and wildwest like this.
  17. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,651
    Likes Received:
    130,696
    Location:
    Vermont

    You my dear friend are an FHC Treasure! Never doubt it...
     
  18. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    Wudyousay?

    :p

    :rofl: :lol:
     
  19. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,666
    Likes Received:
    144,684
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Got it, thanks:)
     
    Eric VW and Canadian border VT like this.
  20. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Ayuh... youk'n say that again BVT... :yes::D
     
    TurboDiesel, milleo, Eric VW and 4 others like this.