In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Discasa's ??

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by fuelrod, Sep 26, 2015.

  1. fuelrod

    fuelrod

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    3,508
    Likes Received:
    20,526
    Location:
    Western Maine
    Got 2 - 22" disc's. Anyone have a disco and do you have any suggestions before I start. I know, it's not going to even really warm up the welder, but I'm just wondering what those that have one would, or did different.

    I'll be using it over wood so I'm thinking about a seperate stand (legs)
    The "diving board" looks like a good idea.
    1-1/4" ring around the top with handles.
    I'm thinking about using both discs with one below the other about 6--8", or maybe adjustable to use the lower disc to hold a charcoal fire. This would allow it to be at a more comfortable cooking level, like near waist height.
    Check out that converted oil truck that I found on the goople machine while I was looking for a "disco" pic.

    edit; misspelled the thread title, discada is what I was shooting for.
     

    Attached Files:

    Eric VW and milleo like this.
  2. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

    SKEETER McCLUSKEY

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2015
    Messages:
    12,546
    Likes Received:
    61,489
    Location:
    Taconic Range
    try smokerbuilder.com good section on there about discos
     
    fuelrod likes this.