In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Dead Maple ?

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Aug 24, 2014.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    This looks like a dead Maple with most of the bark off, I might get this at the end of this week.

    I'm not sure if this will go in the wood stove stacks or for the outside fireplace.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    If its solid, it be dern good for the stove!
     
  3. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I think from the sound of it, part of it might be hollow.
     
    HoneyFuzz and Stinny like this.
  4. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Hollow, could be buggy...maybe some 4 leggeds running loose inside
     
    thewoodlands and Stinny like this.
  5. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Hollow...... you didn't get it before it rotted = firepit :thumbs: (we have alot of that round here too)
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  6. HoneyFuzz

    HoneyFuzz

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2014
    Messages:
    4,490
    Likes Received:
    14,862
    Location:
    Northeast , Ohio
    I recognize that bark.... Thats an American Firewood Tree :).
     
  7. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I drive this trail every day, I never even noticed this until last Sunday.