In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Daytona Beach

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by papadave, Apr 17, 2014.

  1. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    So, the eldest daughter and SIL invited us to go with them to DB this past week.:thumbs:
    How could we say no to an all expense paid trip to the beach?
    Actually, we should have, but that's a whole 'nother discussion.
    After about a 20 hour drive in a van full of kids :eek:, we arrived in the parking lot where I proceeded to run in before the van was even stopped. Got to the men's room just in time to puke on the toilet seat.
    Sorry for the visual.o_O
    Anyway, from Sat. to yesterday, I was pretty much under the weather, but managed to have a nice time anyway.
    Here's one pic I managed to take the whole darned trip from our balcony.......waaaay down the beach is the pier. Never made it down there.
    IMG_20140415_084841_742[1].jpg
    And rules from the pool. If you can manage, read #7.......seemed appropriate to my situation. My wife was nice enough to point that out to me.
    IMG_20140415_115931_115[1].jpg
    Thought you all would get a kick out of this.
    Just got back to their house after an 18 hour ride, then 1/2 hr. later, we jumped in the Jeep for the 3.5 hour drive back north. My head is still spinning......literally.
     
    milleo and thewoodlands like this.
  2. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    I'm feeling for papa, been there done that. Sorry you didn't feel well.
    Thats an awful long drive and to be getting sick ontop of it is even worse.

    You made it home in one piece.
     
    papadave likes this.
  3. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    You did really well to stick it out Dave. If I'd been sick like that, where the rest of the family was having a blast, I'd prolly gotten on a bus or a plane or ?… and just gone home. I'm such a killjoy putz when I'm sick :drool::headbang::rolleyes:, they'd be much better off without me with em.
     
  4. Fanatical1

    Fanatical1

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2014
    Messages:
    2,688
    Likes Received:
    12,293
    Location:
    Ohio
    Nothing worse than having the flu.... Unless it's the flu while your on vacation!

    That's a kick in the shorts about the hot tub/pool too. Gotta laugh that stuff off.... :)
     
    papadave likes this.
  5. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Went down to the beach and laid on a reclining chair in the shade all day Sunday.
    Pretty much spent the evenings/nights praying to the porcelain god.
    So, I have that to remember.:rofl: :lol:
    Wife and I spent a couple hours each day doing our own stuff before I got back to the room and prayed.
     
    My IS heats my home likes this.
  6. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    At least you've got some memorable… er… memories… :whistle:
     
  7. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Yep, memorable memories is what I got.
    Uh, no, not that kind......dang it.:whistle:
    Wait, WTH are we talking about?
    Oh yeah, memorable memories.
     
  8. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    I feel ya , trip to cedar point didn't go well when I became ill
     
  9. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Only been there a couple times, HDR.
    I really haven't been able to get past the idea of paying for the privelege to stand in line for hours to get on a ride that lasts mere seconds.
    Not a ride kinda' person anyway.
     
    HDRock likes this.