In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Cyber Monday UPS Deal

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by IHATEPROPANE, Nov 27, 2017.

1. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

I never said "good ones" lol If you stick with Enersys (DataSafe), BB Battery, Genesis, etc, you should be ok with those. When I buy them with my p-card I typically get them from Battery Mart or Apex Battery but noticed they really started pushing their own branded batteries anymore....or I just get them straight from my UPS contractor....they typically get Enersys batteries. We don't have many of these small "rack mount" UPS' that take these small batteries but if we get 3 years out of them we're either doing good or lucky.

CleanFire, gbreda, imacman and 2 others like this.
  2. CleanFire

CleanFire

+1 w/ Enersys - have always had good luck with their batteries. For "budget brand" batteries, I've had good luck w/ the "Power King" brand for the APC units I've serviced.

Got 2 big-azz boxes today! :ups: Will be unpacking & charging up later tonight.

ivanhoe, gbreda, slvrblkk and 2 others like this.
  3. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I gotz a bid azz box too..... Except its the kids school books for next semester!!! :thumbs:

:makeitrain"

ivanhoe, imacman, slvrblkk and 2 others like this.
  4. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Me too!!! Well, just one though. Soooo I had a 1350 at home but somehow, the 1500 I ordered for "work" wound up at my house. Hmmm, so the 1500 somehow wound up on my stove and the 1350 is going into work :whistle:

ivanhoe, gbreda, IHATEPROPANE and 3 others like this.
  5. CleanFire

CleanFire

Ugh. I feel that pain JT, been there for 5 years now. Thankfully w/ Emily (Japan girl) being in her Senior year, it's not books now, but electronic 'clickers' for class participation, and online texts.. Dunno if it's any cheaper vs. books though. Spring Semester is Independent Study / Capstone thesis / Masters thesis papers, so we lucky on the book purchases here.

She'll probably still want the money though. :D :makeitrain"

Hang in there, JT. :yes:

ivanhoe, gbreda, IHATEPROPANE and 3 others like this.
  6. CleanFire

CleanFire

I consider that a very fair-trade Steve. :thumbs:
    :coldone:

7. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

DITTO!!! :rofl: :lol: :thumbs:

8. CleanFire

CleanFire

I was waffling on the 2nd UPS, but we've been having those 5-10 min. outages here over the last few weeks, and had another one at 4 am this morning: the APC 1500 UPS protecting the office & Internet DSL / WiFi Router started beeping. Again.. (I really gotta turn off that UPS alarm.)

It's gonna be a fun winter season here!

1st UPS unboxed, came fully charged, installing on the entertainment center after the ladies are asleep.

2nd Stove UPS tomorrow am, after I record the current settings (just in case) / it's shutdown for cleaning.

ivanhoe, imacman, slvrblkk and 3 others like this.
  9. briansol

briansol

wow, that was a steal. i paid like 180 for mine a few years ago.

runs the stove for about an hour. covers 95% of all power outages in my area.

10. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

I was thinking of picking one up for the desktop -pute but this year the sale price of $155cdn was no where to be found, only $199cdn so didn't order one:(
    I gather this year the Cdn dollar isn't doing me any favors:doh:

Rich250, CleanFire, gbreda and 4 others like this.