Potsdam nuisance officer traps 12 beavers living in culverts | NorthCountryNow I just notified our town officials on Tuesday about a culvert that was blocked, I never even though about beavers.
I saw this tree a beaver took down, it barber chaired on the little bastard. In NYS, about the only dams being built are from the beavers, they nix the man made dam projects. I saw your post on the Oaks earlier, those are some big size trees.
There was a ban on leghold traps years ago and the population exploded across the state. I'm not sure if the ban was repealed.
Jon, I never realized beavers would work on oaks until we had some many years ago. I had thought only the softer woods would fall to their appetites.
They sure can do a lot of damage. Some were raising hell in the woods near me. Flooded it they did. We had a pond come up from nowhere. Was there a few years, but after the coyotes moved in, their pond went away.