In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Crunch

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by MikeInMa, Aug 17, 2020.

  1. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,848
    Likes Received:
    114,778
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  2. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,484
    Likes Received:
    113,762
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Wow... Glad no one got hurt....
     
  3. jrider

    jrider

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2018
    Messages:
    6,092
    Likes Received:
    42,891
    Location:
    NJ
    Definitely not a healthy looking root system
     
  4. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,848
    Likes Received:
    114,778
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    There's more pictures in the link. Tap the left/right arrows, once there.
     
  5. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,761
    Likes Received:
    214,986
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Scary stuff. Maybe the storm had some effect on it. Either way scary stuff.
    Had a repair job i did from tree damage from something like that several years back. Tree let go without warning and scrapes the house. A few feet one way and it wouldve been like that house. I asked the neighbor, got chain saw job and wood to boot.
    Were you the first in line for the wood Mike? :whistle:
     
  6. sirbuildalot

    sirbuildalot

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2019
    Messages:
    3,424
    Likes Received:
    22,826
    Location:
    Mass
    Yikes!!! Glad no one was hurt!!!
     
  7. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,848
    Likes Received:
    114,778
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    Not me.

    It's about a 40min drive, one way.

    I have very little room for more here, anyways.

    I'm hoping to get to my SIL's and do some cutting tomorrow morning so she knows I haven't forgotten about it. I'll stack my cuts neatly there. It's just a jumble of logs right now. Then, it'll get ferried to my place, over time.
     
  8. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,761
    Likes Received:
    214,986
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Sounds like my storage situation. Cut at the score, split here, stack elsewhere. PITA but i adapt accordingly. How much in rounds do you have there?
     
  9. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,848
    Likes Received:
    114,778
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    I'm guessing 2-2.5 cords. A mix of limbs and tree trunks. Guessing maybe 20in diameter of the thickest.

    I'll be posting when I get to it. I think I'll add to the thread I started when the trees came down. I just need to find it.
     
  10. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,848
    Likes Received:
    114,778
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
  11. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    All the roots are gone.
    Red oaks seem to be dying off that way around here.
     
    Chazsbetterhalf, mat60 and Midwinter like this.