In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Costs and Profit for $1534 a Cord Firewood?

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by JDU, Jun 24, 2024.

1. Chud

Chud

The new McMansion neighborhoods around here have outdoor patios/kitchens with fire pits I think they either don’t use them or buy bundles from grocery and home improvement stores. I tried to get some business but it didn’t pan out. I also suspect they are not the types to want large amount's of wood cluttering their bougie patio’s. Bugs smell and grubby white bearded dudes delivering the wood to their lonely botoxed brides. :thumbs:

2. JDU

JDU

Nice. A lot of work. So mind me asking what you sell those bundles for to the convenience stores and then what do they charge?
    And, I think you live in a much higher cost of living area than me.

brenndatomu, Sandhillbilly and John D like this.
  3. chris

chris

pet store supply place i visit has about 2 cords worth out in front of store. no pilfering protection at all. $8.99 ea.75 cuft. Kiln treated isn't real hard to do, metal shed some insulation board, heat source, couple vents. for certification got rig a way verify time and temps. True wood kiln is not so much heat as to de-humidification- combination of both- that's where things get pricey. Insulated and semi sealed building/ container large enough for purposes. automatic controls for cycles. furnace of some type that can be controlled. Vapor emanating from wood is some what corrosive so most commercial units are stainless steel lined, auto venting and intakes. An old refrigerated truck box is a ideal candidate if you can find one at a reasonable cost. A 20 ft sea can works but a one trip unit is pricy. (unless you have an in somewhere to beat the middle man) ( one would think a 10 ft unit would be cheaper but they are priced at and sometimes more than the 20 ft.) in the summer here a closed up box gets pretty hot inside ( like your car) late fall through spring is when additional heat is needed.

brenndatomu and John D like this.
  4. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Do I look lonely? :startled:Im sure she'd like some of your wood! :whistle:

Extreme Beauty_ 5 Women Who Took Looking Good Too Far (PHOTOS).jpeg

Last edited: Jun 26, 2024
    brenndatomu, JDU and Chud like this.
  5. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

She looks plastic...and scary! :startled:

sms4life and buZZsaw BRAD like this.