It's seen better days, but we are thinking about putting an offer in on this monarch. How much do you think its worth?
Are you planning on using it? Hard to tell from a picture, is it in serviceable shape? What's the asking price?
No asking price, and it is hard to tell from the picture but thats all we have to go off of right now. Belongs to a family member, we would like to use it.
Adam, I have a book that has "some Monarchs" in them and it all depends on it's condition. From what I can see, a $250.00 price wouldn't be bad if you got it for that. In perfect condition it's bring about $1000.00 Make "sure" the bottom is not rusted out/through.
I'll tell ya Buddy, If I had the chance at something like that "and" had a place to put it I'd "Jump on it as fast as I could" if the price was right!!! I've Been to Coaly's house and he has a big Kitchen queen, Man that thing throws some heat and it's such a conversation piece. That would be beautiful in your home I'm sure if you take the time with it!
We arent planning to install it in this residence, but rather storing it until we find a nice place in the country.
I'd say, realistically and to be safe, that an offer of 500 or lower would be very fair for that stove given it is in sound and reasonable good condition. Look for working grates, any cracks in the iron or cooktop, sound firebox and oven box, good porcelain, etc. Restored ones go for upwards of 1k or more, and it ain't cheap to restore one correctly.
That one still has the water tank too. Seeing this makes me think 250 would be ceiling on the one Grizzly Adam showed us...
I am by "FAR" knowledgable on these things, but I have followed them and watched them for years! I too want one of those but it's just not practical in this house. I will own one some day!
My wife too, wanted one for our kitchen when we installed the little Hamton, but we just didn't have the room and it would have been way too much heat for the space. The Hampton has turned out perfect for heat, just not much for cooking. Although we have cooked on it when the power was off. Nothing quite like self reliance. Chief