Really??! That's nuts! The only thing crazier than that would be, the cops see them, chase them, the escapees run away, hide down in a sewer drain, and end up back in their cells!
Don't feed the dogs + lock &load. This is getting long in the tooth. Went through silmilar back in the late 70's - bank robber- leos chased - perp crashed car into a hydrant couple blocks from me at the time , leo came around corner and perp wasted him right through the windshield , then lit out on foot. Few days later on a weekend I got pulled over because van fit latest description and so did I- didn't help that I had 3 rifles and several hundred rounds of ammo in the back ( I was on my way to a competition). That was , to say the least SCARY!. The seen looked like something from a movie - mutiple squads- drawn weapons, someone bellowing orders at me through a bull horn, Now that I think about it reminds me of my wedding.
Sounds like more reporting "to be the first to break the story" I guess with the ridiculous gun laws in NYS someone would leave their guns at a hunting cabin to avoid transporting them back and forth between a main residence. With the remote nature of these cabins I'd think they are targets for juvenile delinquents out to raise hell and can't imagine anyone leaving quality firearms out for the taking.
The cabin they were in belonged to some correctional officers (prison guards) that is where they might have taken the gun from, I don't think they have a problem transporting guns back and forth.
What if it turns out to be one of those evil looking guns with "assault features" and has magazines over 10rounds - against the law up there right? Being out there in the country(I have a buddy in up state NY) nobody follows the state(city folk enacted) laws anyways
Our state can be bad enough but the county we live in is in some deep financial trouble, here go the taxes again. http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/...icit-department-heads-asked-for-help-20150624
What's the sales tax at now? We pay 10%(cumulative state, county and local) but my property taxes are probably cheap compared to up there. Sounds like 4 employees on platinum gov't insurance are the reason for 2mil of the shortfall - put them all on O-care, everyone else in the country has to deal with it, let gov't employees live with it as well
Nothing against NYSP, but I have a feeling that if this happened in another place, like maybe Texas, these would have been back in prison the next day.