In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Computer won't recognize SD card for pictures

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by wildwest, Nov 22, 2014.

  1. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,669
    Likes Received:
    144,714
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    :headbang: I had to move back on to my old desktop tower....

    It does not have an SD port, I am using an adapter via USB

    Any advice?
     
  2. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Have you tried another device on that USB port?

    When you bring up My Computer does it see the adapter as a drive and assigns it a letter?
     
    papadave and wildwest like this.
  3. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    What OS is on that computer?
    Might need a driver for it if it's an older version of Windows.
    Is the SD card in lock position?
     
  4. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Yep, need to know the OS and need to make sure it's a working USB port.
     
  5. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    She must still be sleeping, since she was up so late.:sleeping:
     
    raybonz likes this.
  6. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I wanted to sleep in, but need to go get new tires in a few. Too much ice up here for bald tires.
     
    raybonz and papadave like this.