In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Computer Memory?

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by wildwest, Sep 12, 2019.

1. ReelFaster

ReelFaster

Cookies are one thing, am talking agreements you click ok to, or free websites people sign up too or apps on your phone. We go through it constantly at the district, constantly trying obtain info they really dont need.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

wildwest likes this.
  2. Kimberly

Kimberly

Tracking is where you look at something on one page and then go to another page with your ad blocker off and see adverts for that very thing. Yes, tracking is actually a serious problem on the net. Serious enough that coders are building blockers into the major browsers.

3. chris

chris

lot of different ways to track right down to your key strokes- yes it has become a big problem- information obtained is usually sold - then you get more spam calls and mail( old fashion kind as well as on the i-pad . phone, desk top and what ever). not to mention the hackers and corruption of personal id.

wildwest and ReelFaster like this.
  4. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Mid 2000's I sent a Readers Digest subscription to a friend that left a volatile marriage, used a made up name, combination of her names she would know from the family tree I was researching for her so soon to be ex could not track her down. I was very disappointed, that company sold the fictional name, my billing address and her shipping address, both she and I started receiving junk mail (credit card applications etc.) to our mailboxes in that unusual fictional name. :zip:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    ReelFaster and papadave like this.
  5. chris

chris

department of motor vehicles is the worst offender as they sell your information here in WI. supposedly you can op out of that - but that is highly suspect considering some of the other interactions I have had with them over the years.

wildwest likes this.
  6. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:zip:
    :picard: