In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Compressed air from small compressor

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Yawner, Jul 8, 2019.

1. billb3

billb3

That's all I have, a cheap pneumatic blow gun for cleaning from a kit. It reduces pressure to 30 or 40 OSHA approved PSI but it works for most things.

I've also found the silver quick disconnects at Lowes don't work with my accessories. You'd think all the air quick disconnects in the same size would be the same but apparently they are not.

Hammy, Chaz, Screwloose and 1 other person like this.
  2. trail twister

trail twister

I made my own after shopping for one and found them to be expencive for what they are and they have OSAH drilled holes on the sides to so you don't get th3e full force of the air out the nozzle.

A Ball valve with a air chuck nozzle on one end, fittings to reduce the other end of the valve to a small copper line for the air to come out.

I also have a small line off the bottom so I can siphion up a cleaner from a pail to cover the saw after blowing clean and remove all the tree gum and such.

I never run mine above 40 PSI for cleaning the saw.

:D Al

3. woody5506

woody5506

We are constantly running into that annoying problem at work. Some of the stems are just slightly longer than others, or others look the same and just don't fit properly. I've gotten to the point where I just remember what guns fit what air lines at our shop.

4. Screwloose

Screwloose

One thing that you can do if you only have a small compressor is add some more tank volume. If you get a portable air tank (the one's with a handle) and use a T with quick disconnects you'll have more capacity plus you can take it with you when you go out. I use one to poof around the tank caps before refuling.

Chaz, T.Jeff Veal and eatonpcat like this.
  5. unclefess

unclefess Guest

there are automotive and industrial fittings ,take a look at pictures of them ,there is a different style plug/coupler just pick one and stay with it ,you can see the difference after you know to look

Hammy, Screwloose and T.Jeff Veal like this.