In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

combustable clearance question

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by TurboDiesel, Dec 2, 2013.

  1. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    I turned the oil furnace off yesterday when I started the fire. That's the best part:thumbs:

    Doing my part to break our dependance on foreign oil...ummm
    or ...save $2400 .
    You know how much ammo that would buy?!?
     
    savemoney, Chvymn99 and BrianK like this.
  2. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Very liberating knowing that "other" fuel bill will be almost zero.
    Turned off our wall heater (POS) several years ago and our normal gas bill/month is about $25 to heat water.:thumbs:
     
    Chvymn99 likes this.
  3. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,484
    Likes Received:
    113,759
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Sounds like you've got it figured out. Enjoy the heat...
     
  4. sherwood

    sherwood

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2013
    Messages:
    980
    Likes Received:
    1,917
    Location:
    Big RIdeau Lake, Southern Ontario
    250 - 350 flue temp...exterior single wall? Interior?
     
  5. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    Hi sherwood
    those temps are on the exterior of the single wall connector pipe. Using an IR and magnetic stove therm. About 16" above the top of the stove. I'm amazed that's all the hotter it gets. Brian says the Fireviews are known for this
     
  6. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    I think I need to read the book a couple more times to get it figured out
     
    Chvymn99 and BrianK like this.