In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Colder here. What's your temp? What ya burnin?

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Gasifier, Nov 4, 2013.

1. BigPapi

BigPapi

Beautiful day from behind glass, heavy wind making 30 feel like mid-low teens. Looks like some single digits coming overnight this weekend. I'm trying to be very frugal with hardwood, just adding enough into the pine and willow to keep a good coal bed.. Not looking forward to breaking out next year's hardwood stash.. but it's there if I need it, which feels so much better than our first year where if I needed more I had to go cut it, split it, and stuff it immediately!

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

This just doesn't seem right for mid March. It's really sunny and nice....except for the temperature. Now they are forecasting we might hit 40 tomorrow and possibly 50 Sunday then back into the 30's for next week.

3. Gasifier

Gasifier

Enjoy those temperatures. Going to be single digits next three overnights here they say. I’m still going to get out and cut some firewood Sunday, I hope.

4. billb3

billb3

Sunny day but cold biting wind.
    We have at least 4 nights of cold (for here) in play before the next storm which may or may not be rain or snow or a mix.
    35ºF outside, toasty warm inside burning red maple and red oak.

5. milleo

milleo

Low of 14 tonight, high 24 tomorrow and low of 6 tomorrow night...Lol....Go figure..:loco: :crazy:.

6. NH mountain man

NH mountain man

28 here when I got home from work, with a brisk wind making it feel colder. Using some Oak & Maple to make things cozy for the evening.

7. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

Current temp 17°F heading down to 12°F overnight- then the real cold moves in again until about Wednesday. We will see another storm possibly then. Burning mostly birch.

8. milleo

milleo

Maybe anyone going to the GTG at your place should consider bringing a snow shovel....Just in case....:)

9. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

That's not a bad idea. Anyone deciding to camp in the woods may get a "cool" spot to setup camp!

10. Cold Trigger Finger

Cold Trigger Finger

Sure isn't colder here. It was 50 above here this afternoon. Hopefully needless to say the wood stove has gone cold ?

11. Sean

Sean

Kootenays, South Eastern BC Rockies Canada
    boring weather around here but having some sunny days have been nice. Highs of 7c lows of -8c. Freeze, thaw, repeat. Another load of larch in the stove tonight. We still have lots of deep snow but its melting slowly which is a good thing. -2c/28f at the moment.

12. billb3

billb3

Got a little colder last night than they forecast. Was a little windy too.
    Should have loaded the stove at 9.
    Burning pine this morning.

13. Midwinter

Midwinter

24° this AM, and it looks dead calm, but the weather guy says the wind will pick up again, and single digits tonight! I'm bugging out staying inside, need to start splitting again. Fortunately this next storm on Weds. may go south, so not much new snow.

14. Locust Post

Locust Post

22 out this morning, burning down some coals from a full load of beech last night. Supposed to be around 40 here today. Will load probably mostly beech again soon. My bride and I are heading for Amish country and a buffet breakfast to start, suppose since it's St Party's should have green eggs and ham. Tomorrow my wife turns 39 again so we'll be having treats all weekend.

15. Midwinter

Midwinter

Treat her like a queen! 3uHiRN3.jpg

16. JustWood

JustWood Guest

Supposed to hit 37
    Sunny blue skies and not a cloud anywhere to be seen. Hopefully we'll lose a bunch of this whitechit. Threw in about a facecord yesterday from the attached shed. The heaphausen just outside is drifted under about 5' of snow. Looks like I'll use close to what's left in the shed . That was kinda my plan anyway.
    Beech and coal warming things up.

17. JPDavis

JPDavis

23.5 °F suppose to get up to 50°F
    We'll see about that, 90% chance of snow for tonight with 1-3 inches expected.

18. saskwoodburner

saskwoodburner

Sitting at -3 C or 26 F, warmest morning we've seen so far. But daytime high looks like it'll barely make it above freezing. Deer seem to really appreciate the weather.

19. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Still no Sun, 22 degrees with a 30 mile an hour North Wind. Burning a bunch of Elm and ash. Is it the middle of March or is it the middle of January:eek:

20. NH mountain man

NH mountain man

Mid 30's here now with a brisk NW wind making it feel much colder. Oak & Maple making it nice and warm for showers. No melting going on today, and down to single digits tonight. It seems really strange to still be light at 7:00 pm and be so cold.