In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Cold front has the deer movin

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by swags, Oct 16, 2013.

  1. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Wasn't hunting tonight but took the truck over and watched a field. The bucks were on their feet early tonight. They moved out across the fields and into another patch of woods. Couldn't see them well enough to tell how big they were but could see racks on them
     
    milleo and Backwoods Savage like this.
  2. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,336
    Location:
    Central PA
    Hoping that front makes a push through here before Saturday morning.....I'm heading out in the woods with my brother and several of our buddies both morning and evening......

    Hopefully a REAL cooldown hits soon......I'm really tired of this mild weather. I'd like to have some kind of an autumn before we go straight to winter!
     
  3. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Just found out I will be getting to head down to Kentucky again for the rut! I'm pumped
     
  4. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,336
    Location:
    Central PA
    YOU LUCKY BASTAGE!!
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  5. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    You aint kiddin! I sat last night and it was 68deg until about 2o mins before sundown. Only saw two does and a yearling, oh and did i mention there's still mosquitos! It's freakin october. I did notice a few fresh scrapes within 30yds of the stand though. The bucks are startin to get frisky :drool:

    Swags you lucky sob!
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  6. bocefus78

    bocefus78

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    3,694
    Likes Received:
    19,840
    Location:
    Indiana
    Im hittin the woods this weekend. Supposed to get in the low 30's for the first time this year here in Indiana. Hope I get to ventilate one early this year!
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  7. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,194
    Location:
    Central MI
    It was chilly this morning. Going to get colder too as next week goes on. Maybe some snow flurries?!
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.