In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Cigars??

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Interests' started by reckless, May 31, 2014.

1. yooperdave

yooperdave

Thanks, but those have the habano wrapper; I was looking for the maduro. I had found those on an earlier search.

JimBear likes this.
  2. JimBear

JimBear

So I am in the process of trying to get all of my humidification changed over to Heartfelt beads.

I opened up 2 wooden humidors yesterday & they were 78% -80% in the tops, the cigars on top were poofy & squishy. I had about 8 cigars per side so that the slots were open to allow for circulation. The bottoms were 68%.
    I removed the cigars on top & put them in some bags with some unhydrated beads & am going in to check things out today after a bit.

I also put some Heartfelt beads in those 2 humidors but will keep all those cigars segregated for at least a couple months if not indefinitely to ensure that they aren’t getting moldy.

My big cooler with Heartfelt beads is staying pretty consistent, I just need to get some shelves/trays to help out with organization.

My 18qt cooler for my infused cigars, with a humicare jar is maintaining well also.

The Clevelanders are staying pretty consistent top - bottom with the Heartfelt & the built in circulation fan. I rotate the top 3 shelves weekly, the tray I put in the bottom just gets rotated end for end.

Needless to say yesterday was a bit of a bummer even with that wonderful La Perla I had.

yooperdave, Hall84 and Chvymn99 like this.
  3. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Sunday Drive back home…

73CF5E26-E32C-4027-A0F6-EC3A6B1DD29D.jpeg

4. JimBear

JimBear

AJ Fernandez ?

Looks like a good one.

yooperdave and Chvymn99 like this.
  5. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

This is third one that I’ve had. I was rather shocked on the quality and flavor.

DC816DE3-4BFD-44D7-8144-10769D2DE4C4.jpeg

Hall84, yooperdave and JimBear like this.
  6. JimBear

JimBear

So here is what I am looking at on fleabay.
    yooperdave will insinuate that I am wealthy & high class again :cool: but after looking at prices on these, contacting the sellers & not having to take it if it’s junk, plus we can look at some ag equipment at a couple locations & make it worth while trip. I am going to give it try. This one has a dent but the sellers said the liner isn’t separating, it doesn’t affect the drawers/trays sliding out & is functioning normally.

NewAir NCH840BK00 840 Count Electronic Cigar Humidor (Slight Damage) | eBay

New they are $1800, remanufactured they are $1050 but not available.

The same sellers have an unblemished one for $650 currently.
    NewAir NCH840BK00 840 Count Electronic Cigar Humidor Humidity control system | eBay

We will see what they bring. I would have roughly $125 in gas going to/from picking it up.

If it rains I will have a free day so I see it as a viable option.

My brothers house this morning was 68* but the hygrometer in his living room was 79%. With the wildly fluctuating temps & humidity around here I see this as a viable option to keep a lot of cigars in constant conditions. It’s supposed to be in the upper 80’s - low 90’s all week here then be in the mid 70’s again over the weekend so if I can keep from turning the a/c on for a few short stretches I see this as a win also.

Convince me I am wrong :headbang:or insane :wacky::hair:maybe both.

yooperdave, Chvymn99 and jtstromsburg like this.
  7. yooperdave

yooperdave

Aw JimBear I won't say anything. Pics are worth 1000 words! :rofl: :lol:

[​IMG]

KSPlainsman, Chvymn99 and JimBear like this.
  8. JimBear

JimBear

Well, I tried to start bidding at 1minute to go & I couldn’t place a bid. Cleared my history & logged out then logged back in & still couldn’t bid. No clue wth was going on. I guess I didn’t need the damm thing anyway.

9. JimBear

JimBear

A/C is going now, it was 75 in the house & 75% humidity. Ridonkerous. I have the humidity down to about 58% in the living room & 50% in two bedrooms.

I just had a small fire in the stove Saturday night so the grand daughters didn’t get chilly overnight. :loco: :crazy:

I better check my brothers place to see what that chit show is like. Thinking I will move everything but the Clevelanders to the basement in there.

Last edited: May 9, 2022
  10. JimBear

JimBear

I got to town & my brothers place was 82* inside :mad:. My coolers were 75*, the wood humidors were 78* :hair:

A little back story on keeping them at his place. I don’t have a lot of extra room at home ( room is being made now ) & he is recently divorced & his son I only there every other weekend so he has plenty of room & not much human traffic. He & his sons cellphones are on my plan so I told him I would let him just pay for one line if he kept his house cooled to 70*.

That plan has clearly already chit the bed, I was going to move everything to the basement but apparently it leaks when it rains & I needed to get things cooled down & didn’t want to open things up in the basement & have them take on the odors of his basement.

So I hauled them all home & got them all laid out and the humidors/coolers emptied, cranked the a/c to 62 & cooled things down for about 2-1/2hours. I will keep a pretty close eye on things for a couple days but we are planning on starting to plant tomorrow so I will do the best I can.

On the only positive note the Clevelander was hanging right in the @ 65* with 66% humidity.

11. JimBear

JimBear

I hope that an hour at 70* in the living room was sufficient before moving them to the cooler room. My luck, I probably shocked them & will have a bunch of cracked wrappers.

12. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

I'd let them set for a while... I could see where a one of those coolers would be useful. Mines in the basement where 50-70 Degrees are the norm...

yooperdave and JimBear like this.
  13. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

RP Edge I believe… gots to clean out AC unit… and start it up tonight… hopefully for just a few days… hate to get it started soo early in the year…

DD3A620A-B3F8-4D8C-B0DD-64C968E9FB7E.jpeg

14. jtstromsburg

jtstromsburg

RP 1990 tonight

Attached Files:

15. yooperdave

yooperdave

[​IMG]

Chvymn99 likes this.
  16. JimBear

JimBear

I think I have 5 of those somewhere…

Chvymn99, jtstromsburg and yooperdave like this.
  17. yooperdave

yooperdave

Had this yesterday while sharpening lawn mower blades.

[​IMG]

Chvymn99, Hall84 and JimBear like this.
  18. JimBear

JimBear

I liked the one I had.

Chvymn99 and Hall84 like this.
  19. JimBear

JimBear

Thanks Dave, that helped me chose my first cigar of the day.

379AF2FA-D5B1-4E1E-A487-E0DD29BDBE94.jpeg 6430CCC9-D986-42CF-8ACD-4780CA1B466A.jpeg

20. jtstromsburg

jtstromsburg

How is planting going James? Folks were off to a good start, although it was too dry, a couple weeks back. Now it just seems to keep raining. They’re back at it yesterday and today with rain coming later this afternoon/evening.
    Stay safe out there

Last edited: May 12, 2022
    yooperdave, Chvymn99 and JimBear like this.