In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Cigars??

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Interests' started by reckless, May 31, 2014.

1. reckless

reckless

Gurkha Ghost was it? I wouldnt smoke one since Im a snob but its a good noobie cigar/yard gar for sure!!

mattjm1017 likes this.
  2. mattjm1017

mattjm1017

Yeah that's it ghurka I'll have to try it since I'm a newbie:smoke:

3. reckless

reckless

Dont worry we are working on changing that LOL

Chvymn99 and mattjm1017 like this.
  4. Ron660

Ron660

When I use to smoke, Lucenciados were pretty good and were at a reasonable price. My favorites were Cuban Romeo y Julieta Churchills and Cohiba Esplindidos. I still have my humidor though.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  5. reckless

reckless

My new favorite is this bad boy... HOLY NIC KICK IN THE NUTS!! I love cigars with nicotine but its rare to find a CC with this much :)

Attached Files:

Chvymn99 likes this.
  6. yooperdave

yooperdave

I've been trying to place a phone order with cigars international for a couple days now and I just keep getting put on hold. I know that my call is important to them and it will be answered in the order received by the next available representative becasue all reps are currently helping other customers, but I've been trying for two days now! That and I think I am down to 5 left!

reckless likes this.
  7. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Go to there website and order the Joes Deal of the Day and then get what else you want. Free shipping with the Joe Deal of the Day.

8. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Good looking Cigar, Burn looks good and tight... :yes:

9. yooperdave

yooperdave

Thanks chevy-As a matter of fact, I did get through this evening and ordered some el-cheapo's.
    I use em for puffing on while I'm driving out of the woods with a truckfull of firewood. In the spring of the year, I use em for anti-mosquitoes. Every now and then, I come across one that I actually enjoy...hasn't happened too often though. I think one was a 5 vegas gold if my memory still works.

reckless and Chvymn99 like this.
  10. reckless

reckless

You guys need to use cigarbid.com (which is the same family) and pay even LESS money!! But Vegas 5 meh I cant help taste :p

11. yooperdave

yooperdave

Thanks Reck. I was kinda hoping you wouldn't see my post about the cheapos I ordered...:emb:
    I keep promising myself to order "better" cigars, but when the time comes...oh well.

reckless likes this.
  12. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

I like the darker maduro line of Vegas 5...Aint nutting wrong with cheap cigars, as long as you enjoy them. :yes:

13. reckless

reckless

teeheee no shame brother!! That shipping issue is seriously very unlike CI. Try 800-830-4590 its cigarbids # but they ship from the same warehouse but CI cust service 888-244-2790 option 2
    Smoke what you like and like what you smoke!! I've been ruined by cigar snobs unfortunately and my palate is completely different now from even a year ago.

Chvymn99 likes this.
  14. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Yep you are correct. I thought the more they cost the better they are. But that's not the case all the time. It's amazing what a little time in the humidor will do to a cigar....

I'm going to have to check that out when things slow down a bit. It just to easily to click.... Bam... Boom they are on there way right now.

reckless likes this.
  15. reckless

reckless

Its true some cigars dont age well at all but the ones that do....... WOW there isnt a taste in this world. Ive been lucky enough to get in a with a group of guys that have been "collecting" for MANY years and have collections that would put most Brick and Mortars to shame. Some of these guys have smokes so old that the actual owner of the company has bought boxes back from them cause their stash was low LOLOL

Chvymn99 likes this.
  16. Dana B

Dana B

I don't smoke cigars any more but when I was in college I had a plethora of unhealthy and self destructive vices and cigar smoking was one of them.

I bought a very nice burl desktop humidor, and a few fancy schmancy cutters and lighters.

I remember smoking a lot of CAO's and and a friend of my dad's gave me a few of what he claimed were Cuban Romeo y Julietas.

reckless and Chvymn99 like this.
  17. capetownkg

capetownkg

I enjoy cigars fairly regularly. Personally I like the medium-full cigars. Some of my favorites are PDR 1878 Dominicana Oscura, Gurkha cellar reserve, cohiba, CAO Brasilia to name a few. Trying to cut back some but do enjoy the heck out of it especially in the fall when I can sit out on my back deck and enjoy with a glass of something equally delightful.

Chvymn99 likes this.
  18. NYCountry

NYCountry

Don't smoke cigars but when I do I like monte cristo

Chvymn99 likes this.
  19. yooperdave

yooperdave

I tried a Gurkha regent...I think it is box pressed. I liked it. I think I shouldn't have started the cheaper cigars earlier this year because it only made me want to try something better. I may have created a monster...There is an order of Gurkhas on the way.

[​IMG]The rating for this cigar is a 90.

Chvymn99 likes this.
  20. reckless

reckless

Just got these in and the flag from sending some cigars and pipe baccy to the troops... God bless murica!!

Attached Files: