In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Cigars??

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Interests' started by reckless, May 31, 2014.

1. Boog

Boog

Just the opposite here. When I think of cottages I think of those cheap little places that we used to rent during the summers at Long Beach, Ontario. Different strokes for different folks!

Scotty Overkill likes this.
  2. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

We have a party store that sells ( factory rejects ) that have minor flaws in the wrap or something non detrimental. There are usually between 20 and 25 to a pack for 19.99! It's never the same brand however. I don't smoke but I pick them up for my friend regularly..

Boog and Chvymn99 like this.
  3. reckless

reckless

Man I guess Im an addict lol I have a couple hundred on hand in my 150qt coleman extreme. The last pic is some custom rolled cubans that are superb!!

Attached Files:

Oakman69, OhioStihl, Chvymn99 and 2 others like this.
  4. reckless

reckless

Blondies are a great beginners cigar! If you like those try the acid c-notes WOW I too like cigars in the smaller ring gauge like corona's but I will smoke a toro or even something like this if I have the time lol (3hrs btw)

Attached Files:

Chvymn99 and mattjm1017 like this.
  5. mattjm1017

mattjm1017

Did you turn a cooler into a humidor? Thats a nice collection you have there:thumbs: I usually only buy cigars as I want one so not to often but I would like to get a small collection on hand to have at the house might start smoking more often then.

6. reckless

reckless

There isnt much to "turn" just clean it good with dawn dish soap (getting off all the anti mold agent that coleman puts on there) and fill it with crumpled newspaper for a day or two (get the plastic smell out) I got the shelving from HD and the fan is a camco refrigerator air agitator from wally world for humidification I'm using Exquisicat fragrance free kitty litter (maintains 62% rh). You can use any airtight tupperware or cooler you have handy just make sure you clean it good and it has no off smell to it because it will transfer to your smokes, I would also recommend bovida 68% rh humidity packs. Really there is no need for a fancy humidor unless you are a collector.... me I'm a smoker :smoke:

Chvymn99, Boog and mattjm1017 like this.
  7. reckless

reckless

Sidenote: All these things are a slippery slope to think in nov last year I started with one of these half full....... then got 2 then, well lets just say the wife hates me know LOLOL

Attached Files:

Chvymn99 and mattjm1017 like this.
  8. yooperdave

yooperdave

Nate, nothing could be further from the truth! I call my cottage the best tent on the lake.

Mattjm-glad the link worked out for you!

343amc, Chvymn99 and mattjm1017 like this.
  9. Boog

Boog

Wow. what a collection (and a small fortune!) To answer your very first OP question: No, I don't think there is another "cigar nut" like you here! :thumbs: :D

Chvymn99 likes this.
  10. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Yea, it's hard to beat a CC. Have a few when I get up to Canada. They have a soil makeup that can't be duplicated any place else. Plus the history of all the makers and rollers down there.

11. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Reckless, you've got me beat but, I only try to keep about 6-8 weeks ahead. I've found that it takes about 3-4 weeks to acclimate to humidity after being shipped in from CI...

Attached Files:

reckless likes this.
  12. reckless

reckless

Love those Don Pepin Garcia cuban classics in the middle, great smoke for the money!! You should try one with 4 yrs age on it..... YUMMMMMM!!!! Also you may want to switch to the kitty litter I mentioned earlier, I see that shot glass and I hope its distilled.
    http://www.petsmart.com/cat/litter/...ee-cat-litter-zid36-20098/cat-36-catid-200093
    One pound in a cooler like yours will keep you good for months with no maintenance.

13. badbob

badbob

JR's does mixers also.Got a new box of macs,goint to take them to the lake tomorrow and slaughter some trout.

reckless and Chvymn99 like this.
  14. HittinSteel

HittinSteel

I usually buy the mazza closeouts on CI. Humidor is full of castle halls and indios puros

15. smoke show

smoke show

picked up a pack of swisher wood tips. does that count for anything? :smoke::whistle:

16. OhioStihl

OhioStihl

JFK had an aid buy 1000 Cuban cigars before he signed the trade embargo against Cuba. He wasn't going to go without.

My first Cuban cigar was less than impressive. It must have been a fluke because every one afterwards have been fantastic.

Chvymn99 and reckless like this.
  17. reckless

reckless

I love seeing the old pics of JFK lighting up a gar
    [​IMG]

18. AmarilloSlim

AmarilloSlim

Rocky patel is my normal smoke. Birthday, Christmas, etc.

Chvymn99 likes this.
  19. reckless

reckless

Recent purchase..... stay smokey fellas!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
    OhioStihl, mattjm1017 and Chvymn99 like this.
  20. mattjm1017

mattjm1017

Have y'all heard of a ghost cigar? Can't remember who makes it but it was highly recommended and now I can't remember who makes it.