In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Chainsaw Pics...

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by the GOAT, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Eric Wanderweg

Eric Wanderweg

Cool saw :thumbs: Amazon has the 2 large OEM mounts, but not the small OEM ones. I bought the 2 OEM's and the rest are cheap aftermarket also from Amazon. I was in a rush to get the saw back up and running so out of impatience I'll try them. As you know it's not too hard to disconnect the tank and swap them out. Another member recommended Proline brand from Sawzilla, which are NOT made in China. I ordered a set from there too to have if/when the Amazon ones fail.
    EDIT: Fleabay has OEM ones but they don't come cheap :picard:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2024 at 4:35 PM
  2. cezar

cezar

[​IMG]

Just about through my first chain of the season. Cooler air feels great. I'm just using my M18 saw to cut stacked up logs to length before splitting.

Am I the only one who just uses an angle grinder on rakers? It is so not worth the trouble to use a file on them.

Just about hit the halfway mark today on putting away this winter's wood. I split and stack in september and by december everything is dry. Was testing some ash splits today and showing 17%. IDK why, but everything seasons super quick for me here.

Chud likes this.
  3. Mrxlh

Mrxlh

Baltic abrasives makes a cbn raker wheel, I sharpen all my chains first, then swap to the raker wheel.