In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Chainsaw Pics...

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by the GOAT, Oct 5, 2013.

1. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Pretty cool pic!

2. p61 western

p61 western

I have a nos winter kit for this saw if you want it.

3. blacksmithden

blacksmithden

Wooo Hooo !!!! Just picked up a Husky 372XPG today. It looks like it's had all of 2 tanks of fuel put through it and she runs like a champ. Only $400 Canadian Pesos ! (that's about $5.00 American now isn't it ? LOL). God bless people who buy stuff that's way to big for what they need, use it once, trip over it 50 times, and then get rid of it cheap. :)

[​IMG]

4. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

And of course you earn a big “You $UCK!”:rofl: :lol:

That really is quite a looker:yes:

5. concretegrazer

concretegrazer

Great find. They might've liked it better if they wouldn't have put the chain on backwards.

6. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

“It won’t cut worth a darn, this saw $ucks!”:zip::rofl: :lol:

Good eye, btw....:binoculars::yes:

7. blacksmithden

blacksmithden

BAHAHAHAHA !!!!!! No putting anything past you Concretegrazer !!!!!! I intentionally didn't take a good picture of the bar to see if anyone would notice. The first giveaway would be the fact that the chain was a mile out of adjustment but I didn't want to make it too easy. He definitely had it on there correctly at some point...at least I'm guessing they did since it's been sharpened...at least it was an attempt at sharpening by someone who didn't know what they were doing...HOWEVER....they did try it at least once the way it is in the picture. The back sides of the teeth are rounded. Good eyes on you for sure. Well done sir !!!!

Edit: I'll be honest here. I didn't even notice it until I went to sharpen it at home before trying it. Humm....somethings not right here. Oh, you've GOT to be kidding me !!!! Lol !

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  8. Dancan

Dancan

PM on the way !!!

p61 western likes this.
  9. Benjamin Turner

Benjamin Turner

LMAO that's funny...good eye, I didn't even notice! Detail man here for sure.

Canadian border VT likes this.
  10. CampHollow

CampHollow

First post here. This is my 365XT that I ground the dividers off the transfer port covers. Also added the OEM HD air filter. Bought it a year ago and love it. Wish now I would’ve got a 2166, but of course didn’t know Jonsered’s fate then.

Attached Files:

11. Mag Craft

Mag Craft

Poulan Pro 475 with 28" bar.

I rebuilt this saw back in 2012 and have not run it since 2015. I got it out today to cut his elm and did not even have to retune it.

Before.

475 apart.JPG

After

IMG_1160.JPG

12. CampHollow

CampHollow

So if you don’t mind explaining, what’s the story with Poulan pro saws? When were they made, and were they rebranded saws of another manufacturer?

Mag Craft likes this.
  13. Mag Craft

Mag Craft

Saws like the Poulan Pro 475 and 505 were actually designed by Partner and were American made saws by Poulan. Later on they were bought out by Husqvarna who did away with the bigger CC saws and only produced the box store saws you see today which are a joke compared to the older Poulans. I believe the 475 and 505 were made in the early 1990's The 475 is 77cc and the 505 is 83cc.

Dancan, thistle and concretegrazer like this.
  14. CampHollow

CampHollow

Thanks. A coworker mentioned he had a Poulan Pro, don’t know what model, but bought it new and still uses it.

Ronaldo and Mag Craft like this.
  15. Dancan

Dancan

16. classicdmax

classicdmax

Husky 455 with new 16” bar. Gonna use her for lighter duty and limbing. Should be more than powerful enough to pull that 16” chain. However I do it like that fact that I cannot oil the bar sprocket....seems as if I have to rely on chain oil to lube the sprocket. Thought I was making a good decision on bar selection I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.... F52A47E8-9B75-4DD8-BA6A-5C5002838CEC.jpeg new to stable Jonsered 2258 with 20” bar, just added the outboard felling spikes. This is to replace the 455 20” setup as I thought I could use more power. I only fired her off once for some light duty bucking and loved it. Can’t wait to get a full days work in with it EE8F8791-0700-44D9-A8B5-1B137EB0C214.jpeg

Attached Files:

17. M2theB

M2theB

After "however" is that a do or supposed to be a don't?
    I can think of at least twice I've added load to the unit because I smoked the bar sprocket bearings. I just bought a package deal saw that came with a bar that didn't have a grease port. Hand packing now but will be shopping for a new bar I can grease.
    Enjoy the new saw!

The Wood Wolverine likes this.
  18. Dancan

Dancan

19. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

My local Husky dealer sells "homeowners" and "professional" bars, the price being $30 and $70 between them, and I cannot see where a greasable bar is worth it. At that price I can buy 2 "homeowner" bars for the price of a "professional" one, and I don't smoke tips. I wear out the rails out around the 100-150 cord range, at which time I figure I have long got my $30 worth.

My Grandfather and I always had this argument; him buying into the grease the tip of the bar, while I always figured I never smoked a tip because packed full of grease, when it hits the dirt...and we all do...it packs the tip full of grit and makes it more prone to seizures. If I smoked a lot of tips I might reconsider my position, but I don't, and I have cut a lot of wood.

p61 western and Dancan like this.
  20. classicdmax

classicdmax

Can’t disagree....but by just free spinning the sprocket by hand it doesn’t sound and/or feel lubricated.

The Wood Wolverine likes this.