In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Central Boiler Cast iron Door has cracked. Need some help.

Discussion in 'OWB's and Gasification Boilers' started by Kevin in Ohio, Dec 16, 2019.

1. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

2. Kevin in Ohio

Kevin in Ohio

Eric VW and brenndatomu like this.
  3. Felter

Felter Banned

IMHO, the "lifetime warranty" on any owb is not worth the paper its printed on.

Kevin in Ohio likes this.
  4. Heat550

Heat550

Where ever the oxygen comes into the stove it's like a blow torch . And cast iron or even stainless will crack if there's a hot spot . The trick is to make everything heat up at the same rate . No hot and cold spots . That's why bad gaskets . Or even cold air coming in the door full of oxygen . Would be way to much of a tempture change at super cold temps. It's all a engineering issue.. I'm not knocking any stove .. But issue is the air going in firebox needs to be pre heated . -20f going in to 2400f is to much of temp swing there is always going to be issues .. now if air was 50-70f going in to 2400f there be way less issues .. might help out guys having issues .. inside wood stoves have this issue leave Ash pan open so gets super hot . Then close Ash pan . There's your 65f to 2400f difference alot them stoves that have hair line cracks around on door draft . So ya companys just stick there heads in sand about the issue ..

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

5. Fifelaker

Fifelaker

Before I would use refractory cement, I would drill the end and braze it.