The last 4 years I been stacking my winters supply of far wood in the old chicken house cuz we aint had chickens. Well, seems as though the wife wanted to get chickens again sooooooooo,
In that vein, how long does it take for a cord of chicken to dry to less than 20% MC? When I built the pole barn, wife was doing the the thing and needed space to keep 'em, so I sectioned off a 10X30' space for her. Then, she didn't want to keep dogs anymore, but wanted chickens, so now there's chickens out there, but those might be going to her sis's house. It's like a revolving door............. Give it time, maybe she'll change her mind. Or, you may need to build another shed.
Chickens will dry faster if the feathers are plucked first then split and stacked. Don't forget to top cover. Rhode Island Reds take longer to dry than Leghorns.
Slaughter the chickens in the Fall, fill your woodshed w/wood and cook chicken soup on the wood stove this winter. The old circle of life.
Extra crispy! Sounds like the ole chikencoop needs a firewood annex...maybe a project for the pallet project challenge?
... I'll be getting another round of them feathered friends here in about 2 weeks... any specific variety she looking at?