In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Buying ammo for trades

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by FatBoy85, Jun 13, 2020.

1. JackHammer

JackHammer

I used a 177 on a raccoon once and they just bounced off... so much for that idea. If you got coon problems, the dog proof traps with dog food do an amazing job.

Horkn likes this.
  2. chris

chris

Got Three coons with the 2o ft pound 177 ( pcp) Rifle ( only one that was aired up at the time) although it did take more than one shot apiece and it was around midnight so was only blasting at shape not able to pick best zone. 10+grain pellets at 1100 fps , 20-30 ft range up in a Ginko tree.

Horkn likes this.
  3. Highbeam

Highbeam

I got a coon once with my old Sheridan 8 pump 20 cal. It was not the most humane dispatch of a trash panda.

Horkn likes this.
  4. chris

chris

Many a varmint dispached with my 20 cal Sheridan. I had loaned to a friend ( now pushing daisys) when I got it back the stock was broken and cracked in several places among other issues- geez! At any rate repaired it all and it still works fine, to the tune of a few more woodchucks. It is some what difficult to find ammo for it. Ammo is still around just not mainstream any more. 20 cal in the air guns is like 16 ga in shot guns.

Horkn likes this.