In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Bulk deal

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by jrider, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Timberdog

Timberdog

That’s kinda what I was thinking…personally I’d be more comfortable with a larger margin. If there is really 300 cords make a counter offer…maybe $25000 and come up to $30k…And would selling 300 cords take time away from how I normally make money, thus cutting into my normal income…just questions I would ask myself.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    WESF and Chazsbetterhalf like this.
  2. MattPM

MattPM

This is 100% the move, if he does not need it removed immediately. Manage the loading/sales and cut him in as it sells. Double-handling it is the killer here.

stuckinthemuck likes this.
  3. jrider

jrider

If you could deliver 1 and 2 cords loads directly from the location to the customer, you would pocket a lot more than that.

Haftacut likes this.
  4. jrider

jrider

Double handling would be an absolute deal breaker. If he were closer and I could just load up and deliver right to the customer, it could definitely be profitable.

Haftacut likes this.
  5. WESF

WESF

Possibly, but it would depend in large part on whether you're going to deliver and how you calculate your costs. If the costs are standard mileage and hourly rates for every piece of machinery used and rent on any facility where the wood is stored, that's going to add up in a hurry.

I do agree that a pay-as-you-go sort of model would probably find a willing partner, but I sort of imagine a seller like this isn't looking for a dribble of checks coming in as someone else uses his property as their woodyard. I could be wrong, though. No way to tell without asking.

jrider likes this.
  6. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Without this combination, I'd pass.

[​IMG]

Timberdog, buZZsaw BRAD and Haftacut like this.
  7. Warner

Warner

I was thinking the same. If someone had a truck and some room there is money to be made there. Especially with current fuel prices. Takes money to make money.

Timberdog and The Wood Wolverine like this.
  8. jrider

jrider

If I were going to move on this (and I’m
    not for various reasons) I’d load it by hand and deliver right to the customer