In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Bugs!

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by acknative25, Oct 19, 2021.

1. acknative25

acknative25

Anyone have a click bug (Elateridae) infestation this year? Just restacked my indoor rack, and still have a click bug or ten. It’s all I can hear!

2. Mag Craft

Mag Craft

Out here we have very little bug problem in the firewood especially after being split and stacked after 3 years.

3. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Weird!!
    One year we a few year old wood, I think it might have been beetle kill Lory State Park dropped off (instead of taking it to town to the tree recycling place east of town, win-win, and in retrospect better to keep whatever it was local instead of moving it) , or from Comanche Peak on the Colorado side that we had cut ourselves. Once inside Giant black wasp things would warm up, wake up and come out of holes. Ewwww. Flyswatter and vacuum got alot of use that winter. Man they were creepy looking!

Otherwise, nothing. Till we moved out here, termites in the house. Uggg, even creepier when I was looking and they all shook heads and made noise in unison :hair: