In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Brand new to Stoves, need help with old country comfort please!

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by ---Chris---, Jan 3, 2020.

1. ---Chris---

---Chris---

No, although im not sure if its right for what i need, it is triple wall chimney pipe. Ameritec is the brand

2. BHoller

BHoller

What up standard does it say that it is tested to?

3. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

I think you meant UL?

Chaz likes this.
  4. BHoller

BHoller

Yes I do mean ul standard. There are many different types of vent pipes with many different ul standards. Only ul 103ht pipe is suitable for use with a woodstove.

Chaz likes this.
  5. Kimberly

Kimberly

Is Ameri-vent the same? Maybe someone with better info can come in. I used supervent from Lowe's for my chimney and used a through the wall kit.

I found this at the Top-quality venting & chimney solutions | AmeriVent site; there is also a flue pipe adapter that is to be used; also stated the ceiling support could support 50ft of chimney.

[​IMG]

Marvin likes this.
  6. Tinsmith

Tinsmith

I recently installed this new to me stove cc150 in my cabin. Like new. Didn't come with owners manual. Has 2 knobs at top on each side connected to rods that extend to the back of stove and a lever in front at bottom of stove that I understand what it is for. Just not sure what the top 2 knobs are for. Can someone help? Would love to get my hands on an owners manual.

brenndatomu and billb3 like this.
  7. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Copied from another site...dunno if it's correct or not...
    "The left is the flue. Pushed in is closed, pulled out is open. The rod on the right is for the secondary burn bypass. Pull out to start your fire and once you have a good burn going close to force all gases through the secondary burner. When you move the bypass lever there is a flap that you can see open and close in the top back center inside the stove"

8. Tinsmith

Tinsmith

Thanks for the quick reply. Sounds reasonable from what I've seen with the stove. I'll give it a try.

brenndatomu likes this.