In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Bought a new vehicle lately? How'd it go?

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by RCBS, Aug 22, 2024.

1. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

I bought my 2020 F150 and went looking for a Tundra with their V8.

I honestly wonder what the draw is. The rear seat is so cramped compared to the F150

Horkn, EODMSgt, wildwest and 2 others like this.
  2. RCBS

RCBS

And you notice that I am going to put down a layer of 'traditional' before overlapping with the new stuff. lol Have watched quite a few videos and the Meg's spray stuff does seem to work. So much so that most places don't even carry the same stuff in a 'liquid' form. What draws me to it is that you can spray *everything with it. I have used some liquid carnuba back in the day that wouldn't whiten or stain trim and it was nice to use other than being hard to see where already applied. Thinnest wax that I ever used. Didn't last long, but looked great for a month or so.

He may be speaking of the cost of 'professionally applied'? I think the upcharge at the dealer I just bought from was like $2k or something ridiculous...for a wax job. My boss, who badly wanted a Sequoia PRO recently paid the handsom sum of $4,000 of dealer add ons that were 'non-negotiable' including some uber ceramic paint protection. One of the dealers I had sniffed also had this crap. I mean...seriously...who is financing wax jobs on their cars?? Probably the same people who finance new telephones. :loco: :crazy:

Horkn, wildwest, eatonpcat and 2 others like this.
  3. RCBS

RCBS

I can try to remember to measure the door opening. The rental Frontier I had seemed a little easier to ingress egress than my 21 Tacoma...not that it gives you a good reference. lol

I already found my way to a forum and being on there for two days I have seen at least 4 other long time Toyota drivers like me there. Nissan is taking Toyota's customers, and rightfully so in my opinion.

metalcuttr, Horkn, blacktail and 3 others like this.
  4. RCBS

RCBS

Rear room is never even a consideration for me. If Nissan announced tomorrow that they would build a king cab in the offroad trim with a 6' bed I'd be on it like flies on...
    Do wish they offered a standard though.

metalcuttr, Horkn, wildwest and 2 others like this.
  5. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Thanks a lot! Opening isn't an issue, but height from the ground is. I can barely get up into his 2014 Chevy 3/4 ton.

6. EODMSgt

EODMSgt

Purchased a new Ram 2500 on Monday. Went in the previous Friday for maintenance on my 2004 Wrangler Rubicon (what a shock) and was just fed up with it. I was also at the end of the extended lease on my 2021 Ram 1500. I had planned to just buy my lease out however in speaking with the salesman (while the mechanic was looking at the Jeep), I asked about the two 2500's they had on the lot. The salesman is a fellow vet and a friend, and I've been using the same dealership for over 15 years, so I'm comfortable with purchasing a vehicle from them. We ran the numbers on the two trucks (one was a Bighorn and one was a Tradesman), and I was able to get the Tradesman (which my last two 2500's had been) at invoice, with 7K in rebates, and they gave me great trade in $$ for the 20yo Jeep plus the equity I had in the lease. I put some money down as well and drove home with a payment on a new 2500 (with an extended warranty) that is a lot less than I was paying on the 1500 (Bighorn). I also had them pick up the tab on mounting and balancing a basically new set of Duratrac tires on the new truck that I still had from my last 2500 (the stock tires are horrible on anything but dry pavement). There was a $12,000 difference between the truck I bought and the Bighorn, plus I wanted white (the Bighorn was blue, which I'm not fond of), and the only thing I would have liked that was in the higher-tier package was the heated seats. For 12K I can live without them (I would also have had to purchase new tires as the Bighorn had 20" wheels and the Duratracs I had were 18" - so add in another almost 2K for new tires if I had gone with the Bighorn). So in a nutshell, I hadn't planned on buying a new truck this past week, but I'm glad I did, and I am pleased with the entire transaction (and am very happy to be back in a 3/4 ton).

20240827_095811.jpg

7. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

Which engine?

metalcuttr, Horkn, eatonpcat and 2 others like this.
  8. EODMSgt

EODMSgt

6.4 Hemi. I don't need the diesel and wouldn't have wanted to spend that much anyway. I do miss my 2003 Ram 2500 diesel (also white), but that was years ago. The 6.4 has more than enough power for anything I'll ever need it for. I also like that this truck has the manual transfer case shifter on the floor instead of the electric shift on the fly.

metalcuttr, Horkn, wildwest and 3 others like this.
  9. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

I don’t think a guy could buy a manual dorf or chuvit

Last edited: Aug 29, 2024
    wildwest and EODMSgt like this.
  10. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

This old thing is dependable and I know it very well. Gas hog, but carburated and high idle warms it up quickly. Any guesstimates on getting the body fixed (vs a new used smaller gas pick up)?

[​IMG]

EODMSgt and eatonpcat like this.
  11. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Old ones tend to be tough...just go to KFC, the bodies will be much more tender, and won't break the bank. ;) :D :p

DNH, Horkn, wildwest and 2 others like this.
  12. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

I think I would look for a donor vehicle that is in better shape and swap body panels/doors.

13. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::thumbs:

14. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:D

Horkn and brenndatomu like this.